X-Bull Recovery Tracks...another inexpensive alternative

• HTML tutorial

OffRoadAcc

Rank II
Launch Member

Traveler II

Tampa,fl 33604
Member #

Personally I like the Smittybilt Element Ramps better, the X-Bull feels more sturdy but that's because of the Polymer it's made with, the MaxTrax or Smittybilt or TredPro will last longer.
Honestly, I like going with name Brand because they tend to have the best warranties. But with a product as such do you really expect an actual warranty?? I've used the Smittybilt as a Ramp to slide over jagged rocks. If they break they break. But mine are holding up well for 2 years.

Reactions: kickkem

FLnative

Rank 0

Traveler I

I've been thinking about getting a pair of traction boards for a little while but was always off put by the high prices for the big name brands. I came across the X-bulls, watched a few review videos on YouTube, and decided they looked solid for the price. I just got a pair of the 10T version in black from ebay for $65 which is by far the best price I have seen too. Looks like this lower price is only available in black though. If you've been eyeing these, now might be the time to jump on them.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/222412560051

VanDubs

Rank II
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Huntersville, NC
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Wilson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN4FYV
Any updates on how these are working? Max-Trax are out for me due to price...Treds are at the top of the budget (leaning this way due to the lifetime warranty), but if these are worth a darn, I’ll hop on the bandwagon.

Outdoorpete

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Santa Ana, CA
Member #

I personally had my X-Bull since July of this year and I'm personally happy with them and save my butt in backcountry of eastern sierra in California , sawtooth wilderness in Idaho and Oregon backcountry too. I have been using them on my nissan titan too. My buddy had his for over year and love it too!

Charles_Alarie

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Cotati, California
First Name
Charlie
Last Name
Alarie
Member #

This was single stack across maybe a foot. I also used them to correct a super high angle descent which would have scraped my front bumper. I was really just testing them to see if they were able to be used for bridging. They flexed quite a bit but flexed right back into place after use with no distortion or damage. They do stack together and have holes for mounting brackets if desired. Overall so far I am quite happy with the value/quality and have no concern about using these for recovery.

Mikeybuck

Rank 0

Traveler I

I ordered two sets of the 5t models. Paid about $100 for both sets.

The bag looks like it wouldn't last long if you don't take care of it.

The boards stack very good, way better than my treds.

If they get stolen or broken, I won't be heartbroken.

I'll post some pictures comparing them to the 1100 treds if anyone wants.

Michael Kinnett

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Muncie, IN
Member #

I ordered two sets of the 5t models. Paid about $100 for both sets.

The bag looks like it wouldn't last long if you don't take care of it.

The boards stack very good, way better than my treds.

If they get stolen or broken, I won't be heartbroken.

I'll post some pictures comparing them to the 1100 treds if anyone wants.
Yes, especially if you have the mounting system for the 1100s. I'm trying to figure out a secure way to mount mine on my roof rack.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Lots of good info and ideas on this thread, price does matter to me so I'm going with the TRED 1100's due to warranty and they are in the middle of the price range. Im replacing my folding mats that have never seemed to work very well but did store nicely. Many years ago we used to use Marston Matting cut down to better store in our trucks and that worked great they just got to be to heavy and bulky.

Mike Hoffman

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Peoria, AZ, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Hoffman
Member #

We are purchasing a set of X-Bulls for our cross county overland trip - 8000 miles +. Will report back (if we have a need to use them).