Enthusiast III

Calgary, AB, Canada
First Name
Romeo
Last Name
Bravo
Service Branch
Infantry
With that done I started work on the spare tire cradle frame. Due to frame flex during travel I didn't want to attach it to the wall of the trailer. It needed to be able to move freely. Also had to make sure I had enough clearance to open the battery box lid. As with the main beam, rather than weld it in I wanted to be able to unbolt it so had to make up some brackets to weld on to have something to bolt it to...

Attachments

The Crow

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Calgary, AB, Canada
First Name
Romeo
Last Name
Bravo
Service Branch
Infantry
For good measure I decided to add some redundancy by welding on some anchor points to allow me to put a tire strap on. Once that was done I started in to making a mount for the propane tank. To secure it I used a piece of flat steel and hammered it into a circle in the vice. seemed to do the trick.

Attachments

The Crow

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Calgary, AB, Canada
First Name
Romeo
Last Name
Bravo
Service Branch
Infantry
Lastly I welded on the new trailer jack. To keep the jack sitting straight under the weight of the trailer I had to trim the bracket on a bit of an angle to compensate for the play in the mounting pin. Bolted some safety chains on, got it all painted up and put together and was ready to roll. Later I'll post a few pics from some off roading adventures this past summer. Worked great and had a blast! Cheers!

Attachments