Rank III

Enthusiast II

Springbrook, Alberta, Canada
First Name
Lorne
Last Name
Milton
Member #

I decided to make this particular post for a few reasons. First is to pay respect to Michael and Corrie for not just thinking up this platform, but actually getting it going. Pure genius. I love the whole concept and the message they’re getting out there. In a time of cell phones, computers, and video games more and more people are spending more time sitting on the couch (yes I’m Canadian) or at the computer. They’re not spending time outside anymore like we did in the 70s and earlier. The staff at Overland Bound are doing great things to remedy that. The benefits of overlanding is huge. We’re getting our physical and mental exercise. We’re getting that fresh air. We’re meeting new people. Exploring new and beautiful places.
So, I decided to get the highest level membership I can because Michael and Corrie have put so much work into this and continue to do so, so I wanted to do what I can to help the community grow. This is what I will be telling any non members I meet in my travels when they ask me about my emblem on my truck. I fully support the whole concept of this.

So, to Michael and Corrie, and now to ALL OB staff, my hat’s off to you and keep up the great work you’re all doing

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
I decided to make this particular post for a few reasons. First is to pay respect to Michael and Corrie for not just thinking up this platform, but actually getting it going. Pure genius. I love the whole concept and the message they’re getting out there. In a time of cell phones, computers, and video games more and more people are spending more time sitting on the couch (yes I’m Canadian) or at the computer. They’re not spending time outside anymore like we did in the 70s and earlier. The staff at Overland Bound are doing great things to remedy that. The benefits of overlanding is huge. We’re getting our physical and mental exercise. We’re getting that fresh air. We’re meeting new people. Exploring new and beautiful places.
So, I decided to get the highest level membership I can because Michael and Corrie have put so much work into this and continue to do so, so I wanted to do what I can to help the community grow. This is what I will be telling any non members I meet in my travels when they ask me about my emblem on my truck. I fully support the whole concept of this.

So, to Michael and Corrie, and now to ALL OB staff, my hat’s off to you and keep up the great work you’re all doing
Thank you so much! I know everyone on the OB crew feels the reward of their effort when we hear the stories of people getting outside, creating memories. If we have some small part in that, we’ve achieved one of our main goals. Thanks for the note. I shared this with @Corrie too!

Enthusiast III

Grand Falls-Windsor, NL, Canada
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Adams
This is our go to site now for vehicle travel. The "other place" I only visit to see whats for sale. I cannot stand the elitist views of the membership there. On OB it's a run whatcha brung place which makes it way more fun. We will be ordering our complete sub package from here this spring. 2021 kicked us in the goobies pretty hard, so 2022 will be a much better year for my side of things moving forward. Keep up the great work Michael and Corrie.