Where mah vegan overlanders at??

• HTML tutorial

Fish_into_gear

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Detroit, MI
Member #

Not strictly vegan myself, but cook vegan on the road and at home for vegan family members and fellow overlanders. One super easy camp meal I do is a vegan Bahn Mi sandwich - grill tofu or fry it, put on baguette with cucumbers, pickled carrots, and lots of cilantro; drizzle with teriyaki and mayo or butter substitute. Unique camp meal that's really easy, tasty and no-fuss. I recommend prepping ingredients at home (pre-cutting the veggies, etc).
kinda late to the thread lol

mcgyver0302

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Brea, CA, USA
First Name
Barry
Last Name
Payne
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6GVX
Well, being a newbie and all, I'm not going to stir things up, yet. My whole family is vegan, I have been for five years, never felt better in my life, never been more persecuted either. I just ignore the naysayers. I am a long distance bikepacker, I rode for 3 years on a conventional diet, with the last being on a keto diet (the worst I ever felt). Was always in pain for the first 10 miles, didn't really have any stamina either. Now I can pedal hundreds of miles and still crave more. We have a few recipes we use at home, I am going to try to incorporate them into the trail. I'll post those as I get them ready.

Reactions: jeepdog33

diabetiktaco

Local Expert New Jersey, USA
Launch Member

Explorer I

Marlboro Township, NJ, USA
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Beauchea
Member #

I'm confused? Where you trying to offend people with special needs, or vegans? Sounds like you're just another forum troll.
The only people who get offended are the ones who get offended by everything. It was a joke. Not sure if you looked at my forum name but I'd be one of those people w/ special needs. Learn to laugh at stuff instead of getting offended.

Reactions: mcgyver0302

mcgyver0302

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Brea, CA, USA
First Name
Barry
Last Name
Payne
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6GVX
The only people who get offended are the ones who get offended by everything. It was a joke. Not sure if you looked at my forum name but I'd be one of those people w/ special needs. Learn to laugh at stuff instead of getting offended.
Fair enough. Saw the name, diabetes is no joke, so I wasn't going to make one. I'll try to not be such a snowflake

Reactions: diabetiktaco