SCrunner

Rank I

Contributor III

Santa Cruz, CA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
M
I'm looking for the easiest recipes you've got when camping. What do you enjoy most when on the road? I tend to bring way too many veggies so I'm leaning towards dry foods that are easy to clean up. Daiya Mac n Cheese does not clean easily when camping...let me tell you......

Thanks in advance! :]

SCrunner

Rank I

Contributor III

Santa Cruz, CA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
M
Yes the bounty provided by mother nature. Gatherd at the four seasons of the year like man kind has done for thousands of years fruit veg game Even road kill Fish from the ocean and lake , river , sea weed. All manner of foods. Waste not want not my motto my dogs and guns provide And the land brings forth its harvest. I think it selfish to waste meat you see and as i was blessed with cannie teeth and the digestive system to eat meat its a sin to waste what the lord provided

Oh jeez...you really want to go there?

Last edited:

Smileyshaun

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Happy Valley, OR, USA
First Name
Shaun
Last Name
Hoffman
Member #

If the whole planet when with one kind of diet it would be detrimental. He was asking for vegan recipes ,not your opinion on what his diet should be . I have never understood this online obsession with interjecting one's personal opinions and beliefs when that's not even what was being asked for.

Back to the OP , I have found some good recipes on here
https://www.nomeatathlete.com

Road

Not into ranks, titles or points.
Launch Member

Advocate III

On the road in North America
First Name
Road
Last Name
Dude
Member #

Guys, let's not turn this into a debate about who said what, when, and why. The OP asked about where other vegan overlanders are. That is what this thread is about.

@blackntan and @Smileyshaun, if you'd like to argue about the virtues of being a meat eater or being vegan, or about who said what and what they meant, please start your own thread in Off-Topic. Don't derail this one.

Swhirstein

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Davenport, Iowa, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Hirstein
Member #

Yes the bounty provided by mother nature. Gatherd at the four seasons of the year like man kind has done for thousands of years fruit veg game Even road kill Fish from the ocean and lake , river , sea weed. All manner of foods. Waste not want not my motto my dogs and guns provide And the land brings forth its harvest. I think it selfish to waste meat you see and as i was blessed with cannie teeth and the digestive system to eat meat its a sin to waste what the lord provided
HAHA you obviously don't know what you're talking about...
First you don't have K9's (do some research on your own teeth)
Second your digestive system isn't set up do digest meat (Your digestive track is long to extract the nutrients of plants, nuts, & fruits, not short like ALL carnivores. Meat rots in humans long digestive track commonly causing colon cancer, again do your research.)
Third "the lord" you speak of never meant you to eat meat either... Genesis 1:29 Look it up! (before you say they use the term "meat" its pertaining to the part of the plant, fruit, or seed of the nut inwhich you eat) You really think Noah built the ark as a floating buffet?? Put "the lord" & satan in a kitchen, give them a cow and ask for a steak, who makes it? Now way "the lord" values your life more than another. Stop lying to yourself and take that ignorance somewhere else!
As for your comment about the entire planet going vegan.. Obviously there is a max capacity that can live on this planet. Animal agriculture contributes to every global issue we are currently facing so obviously you've neglected to look into that as well which makes total sense.

Mike W

US MidWest Region Local Expert
Staff member
Investor

Expedition Master III

Iowa, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
IowaLR4
Member #

Mods... clearly they can't stay on track here. I vote the thread be cleansed or locked. This isn't the culture we are trying to cultivate here folks.

Reactions: Steve and Road

Road

Not into ranks, titles or points.
Launch Member

Advocate III

On the road in North America
First Name
Road
Last Name
Dude
Member #

Some messages have been deleted by the author, thank you, and if the thread continues to be derailed, I'll suggest to admin it be taken care of.

SCrunner

Rank I

Contributor III

Santa Cruz, CA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
M
HAHA you obviously don't know what you're talking about...
First you don't have K9's (do some research on your own teeth)
Second your digestive system isn't set up do digest meat (Your digestive track is long to extract the nutrients of plants, nuts, & fruits, not short like ALL carnivores. Meat rots in humans long digestive track commonly causing colon cancer, again do your research.)
Third "the lord" you speak of never meant you to eat meat either... Genesis 1:29 Look it up! (before you say they use the term "meat" its pertaining to the part of the plant, fruit, or seed of the nut inwhich you eat) You really think Noah built the ark as a floating buffet?? Put "the lord" & satan in a kitchen, give them a cow and ask for a steak, who makes it? Now way "the lord" values your life more than another. Stop lying to yourself and take that ignorance somewhere else!
As for your comment about the entire planet going vegan.. Obviously there is a max capacity that can live on this planet. Animal agriculture contributes to every global issue we are currently facing so obviously you've neglected to look into that as well which makes total sense.

Thank you bro! I didn't get any notifications after my March 12th comment, and I'm glad I didn't to be honest.

Also thank you to everyone else. Not sure why people always want to argue veganism :)

SCrunner

Rank I

Contributor III

Santa Cruz, CA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
M
If the whole planet when with one kind of diet it would be detrimental. He was asking for vegan recipes ,not your opinion on what his diet should be . I have never understood this online obsession with interjecting one's personal opinions and beliefs when that's not even what was being asked for.

Back to the OP , I have found some good recipes on here
https://www.nomeatathlete.com
Thank you for your kind words and help but I feel obligated to say this.. A plant based wouldn't be detrimental to the earth because we are already growing enough plants for 56 billion+ land animals. More than enough for the nearly 8 billion of us. To round this out, its more of a lifestyle than a diet. A commitment to saving and helping those who cannot express their suffering. No honey, no fur, no leather, no horns, no fins, take nothing from them. Ill TRY and leave this here, but for anyone reading, please understand it is literally an obligation when you make the transition to veganism that you not only make a promise to the animals, but a promise to yourself to always stand up for what is right even if people will view you in a way you may not like. I again thank you for the help!

Veggie Man

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Fort Worth
First Name
John
Last Name
Armstrong
Member #

Thank you for your kind words and help but I feel obligated to say this.. A plant based wouldn't be detrimental to the earth because we are already growing enough plants for 56 billion+ land animals. More than enough for the nearly 8 billion of us. To round this out, its more of a lifestyle than a diet. A commitment to saving and helping those who cannot express their suffering. No honey, no fur, no leather, no horns, no fins, take nothing from them. Ill TRY and leave this here, but for anyone reading, please understand it is literally an obligation when you make the transition to veganism that you not only make a promise to the animals, but a promise to yourself to always stand up for what is right even if people will view you in a way you may not like. I again thank you for the help!
Well said sir. My philosophy is simple...do as little harm as possible. I am glad to see others with similar views.

"Vegan" was one of my first searches when I joined way back when. I think I have shared a few recipes on your other thread but am too lazy to go back and take a look. One of these days I will have to post a recipe thread and maybe link to some video that will show how foods are prepared.

My wife and I have been vegan for 6 years and have simplified our foods. We pre-mix a good deal of stuff and "cook" it on the trail. We usually make a tofu scramble and heat it up along with tortillas for an easy breakfast. We also have seitan that we make and use as our "meat"option. Most of our foods are 5 ingredients or less and can be prepared using two burners so our Coleman 2 burner works well for us.

Fish_into_gear

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Detroit, MI
Member #

Not strictly vegan myself, but cook vegan on the road and at home for vegan family members and fellow overlanders. One super easy camp meal I do is a vegan Bahn Mi sandwich - grill tofu or fry it, put on baguette with cucumbers, pickled carrots, and lots of cilantro; drizzle with teriyaki and mayo or butter substitute. Unique camp meal that's really easy, tasty and no-fuss. I recommend prepping ingredients at home (pre-cutting the veggies, etc).