Launch Member

Explorer I

Elizabethton, TN
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Klepp
Member #

Has anyone had good luck mounting it on a "not-flat" surface? I haven't found a comfortably flat and visible surface on my 4Runner for it.

Mike

Vongoldie

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

US
Member #

Has anyone had good luck mounting it on a "not-flat" surface? I haven't found a comfortably flat and visible surface on my 4Runner for it.

Mike
I know what you mean! I was looking to put one of my badges on the inside of my Runner, but there aren’t any!

ZRex

Rank VII
Launch Member

Explorer I

Elizabethton, TN
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Klepp
Member #

I know what you mean! I was looking to put one of my badges on the inside of my Runner, but there aren’t any!
I found one flat spot on my dash, but flat spots on a Toyota dash are too valuable! Guess I'll try the fender (like jeeps) and see how it holds up.

john casson

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Danville CA
Member #

I've purchased my emblem couple of days ago and trying to decide where to install mine once I receive it. I have Jeep Wrangler that comes with Trail Rated badge on the driver side fender. I know most people install their OB emblems exactly in that spot. I was thinking either installing mine on the passenger side fender or rear tail gate. So where did you install yours? Let's see it!
Driver front fender20181124_121026.jpeg

Desert Runner

Rank VII
Launch Member

Expedition Master III

Southern Nevada
First Name
Jerold
Last Name
F.
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
/GMRS=WREA307
Has anyone installed it on a window?
This is cut and pasted from a OB member, from another thread......

Aug 7, 2016
Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2016
ADDITION TO POST FROM OB: Many people have asked how to remove an OB Emblem. It's not easy! Maybe you want it on a different place, or you want to remove it to place it on another vehicle? Here is a great process from Corey!

You can get new adhesive disks in our store here: New Emblem Adhesive
=====================================================
FROM A HOW TO REMOVE A OB EMBLEM:

Update, got my second badge put on today.
What a chore getting the old one off.
I had tried 30 weight fishing line last week, but it kept snapping on me.
This morning I got out my old Conair hair drier and set it to full power and heated up the old badge good and hot.
I tired the fishing line again, and it cut through like a hot butter knife, but what a mess when I pulled the old badge off.

When I installed it many years ago, it did not come with an adhesive backing like the nice ones we got from Michael here.
Michael, your emblems rock!
I had to install several strips to the back of the old badge which was two way sticky.

A few pics from today, and an old one showing my old badge when it was new.
The paint and plastic inserts had started to flake off, it was not very well made

Hope it helps.....personally i would avoid a glass mounted position.

Reactions: rockymntjeeper

Jeff B

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Putnam County, New York, USA
Member #

This is cut and pasted from a OB member, from another thread......

Aug 7, 2016
Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2016
ADDITION TO POST FROM OB: Many people have asked how to remove an OB Emblem. It's not easy! Maybe you want it on a different place, or you want to remove it to place it on another vehicle? Here is a great process from Corey!

You can get new adhesive disks in our store here: New Emblem Adhesive
=====================================================

Update, got my second badge put on today.
What a chore getting the old one off.
I had tried 30 weight fishing line last week, but it kept snapping on me.
This morning I got out my old Conair hair drier and set it to full power and heated up the old badge good and hot.
I tired the fishing line again, and it cut through like a hot butter knife, but what a mess when I pulled the old badge off.

When I installed it many years ago, it did not come with an adhesive backing like the nice ones we got from Michael here.
Michael, your emblems rock!
I had to install several strips to the back of the old badge which was two way sticky.

A few pics from today, and an old one showing my old badge when it was new.
The paint and plastic inserts had started to flake off, it was not very well made

Hope it helps.....personally i would avoid a glass mounted position.
Thanks, I was thinking glass would make it easier. A razor could be used to get the adhesive off. Glass is easier to deal with than paint.

JGlad82

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Texas
Member #

45254373-9192-4D49-91DD-4CE5AB81A982.jpeg 4BFB0435-ECAC-49D1-AE40-436D4ABC1C52.jpeg D448438E-A710-4E1D-BD31-6AE4CCA3DF68.jpeg Well I bought one and had every intention to put it on the back hatch next to my plate but I got to trying out different spots and this one just caught me eye. Now to buy another one for the other side. Love the quality.