Rank V

Influencer II

Syracuse, Utah, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Facer
Member #

Hey Utah folks...been out of pocket for a few months but with the warmer weather these days we've started getting the itch to get out an explore again. Did the plans for a meet/greet ever come to fruition? Any interest in a meet/greet?
Did not come to fruition unfortunately. A meet and greet would be great. My connection for a location didn't work out so any new suggestions?

Ron W.

Rank VI
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Herriman, UT, USA
First Name
Ron
Last Name
Wilkinson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRQT933
Service Branch
US Navy
Hey Utah folks...been out of pocket for a few months but with the warmer weather these days we've started getting the itch to get out an explore again. Did the plans for a meet/greet ever come to fruition? Any interest in a meet/greet?
I am still interested in a meet and greet. Another member, JT Rose, and I go out on occasional runs. We went out to Leppy Hill last month.

Reactions: BOMBS

BOMBS

Rank VI
Launch Member

Pioneer II

West Jordan, UT, USA
First Name
HOA
Last Name
HUYNH
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WSAN860
I would be interested to do a meet and greet as well. I would still need advance notice though. My work schedule is out of control lately sorry for the inconvenience in advance.

Reactions: Exploring_parks

Ron W.

Rank VI
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Herriman, UT, USA
First Name
Ron
Last Name
Wilkinson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRQT933
Service Branch
US Navy
I would be interested to do a meet and greet as well. I would still need advance notice though. My work schedule is out of control lately sorry for the inconvenience in advance.
What are your thoughts on searching for geocaches and prospecting? Another member and I have been discussing using metal detectors to search for geocaches and some prospecting.

BOMBS

Rank VI
Launch Member

Pioneer II

West Jordan, UT, USA
First Name
HOA
Last Name
HUYNH
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WSAN860
I have never participated in such activities. It does sound interesting. What kind of treasures are out there?

Ron W.

Rank VI
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Herriman, UT, USA
First Name
Ron
Last Name
Wilkinson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRQT933
Service Branch
US Navy
I have never participated in such activities. It does sound interesting. What kind of treasures are out there?
There is a lot of geocaches out there, and you can prospect for gold on BLM and USFS lands. You don't need to get a metal detector if you don't want to but can participate with us.

Reactions: BOMBS

DToverlanding

Rank V

Enthusiast III

Layton, UT, USA
First Name
Damon
Last Name
Brown
Member #

We love geocaching too. It's been a little while because the kids got less interested when they got older, but we'd be in for finding some remote ones with a group.

Reactions: Ron W.

Exploring_parks

Rank I
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

American Fork, UT, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Parks
Hi Utah crew! We just moved to American Fork in 2021 from Texas. Our goal is to not waste a minute here. The landscapes are nothing like we've ever seen before. My wife and I are trying to explore every weekend. We've been building up our '97 Lexus LX450 & Tacoma TRD pro. We've even upped our game and bought a propane heater for our tent and are really enjoying some winter camping. We'd love some tips of places to go and to meet up with our fellow overlanders. Let us know!

Edit-139.jpg

We just explored a part of the Pony Express Trail last weekend and were blown away! We made a video of our trip:

Reactions: Ron W. and UTDez23

DToverlanding

Rank V

Enthusiast III

Layton, UT, USA
First Name
Damon
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Hi Utah crew! We just moved to American Fork in 2021 from Texas. Our goal is to not waste a minute here. The landscapes are nothing like we've ever seen before. My wife and I are trying to explore every weekend. We've been building up our '97 Lexus LX450 & Tacoma TRD pro. We've even upped our game and bought a propane heater for our tent and are really enjoying some winter camping. We'd love some tips of places to go and to meet up with our fellow overlanders. Let us know!

View attachment 224153

We just explored a part of the Pony Express Trail last weekend and were blown away! We made a video of our trip:
Welcome to Utah! There's a TON to explore, as you obviously are already figuring out! My wife and I just started exploring ourselves this past year and are excited to do more. Checked out your YT Channel and subscribed. :) I also run a Tacoma (2020 Access Cab) and also have the decked system installed. Plan to start adding vids of our rig & equipment to our YT channel this season too. I made a prototype power panel to re-route teh 110 bed outlet from behind the cubby covered by the Decked system and also then added 12v power (for the ICECO fridge we added last year) and the switch for my rear bumper lights. Also supplies power to the compressor I installed in the farthest back end of the larger drawer (pretty proud of how that turned out!). Next project (after suspension and tire upgrade in a few weeks) is going to be my mostly DIY swing out (hitch mounted) swing for a cook table that is the same height as the tailgate and for carrying water jugs, 5lb propane tank, and maybe extra and fuel...I think....
Anyway....hope we can meet you guys in person and even share some exploring with you and others in the OB community in UT.

Exploring_parks

Rank I
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

American Fork, UT, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Parks
Welcome to Utah! There's a TON to explore, as you obviously are already figuring out! My wife and I just started exploring ourselves this past year and are excited to do more. Checked out your YT Channel and subscribed. :) I also run a Tacoma (2020 Access Cab) and also have the decked system installed. Plan to start adding vids of our rig & equipment to our YT channel this season too. I made a prototype power panel to re-route teh 110 bed outlet from behind the cubby covered by the Decked system and also then added 12v power (for the ICECO fridge we added last year) and the switch for my rear bumper lights. Also supplies power to the compressor I installed in the farthest back end of the larger drawer (pretty proud of how that turned out!). Next project (after suspension and tire upgrade in a few weeks) is going to be my mostly DIY swing out (hitch mounted) swing for a cook table that is the same height as the tailgate and for carrying water jugs, 5lb propane tank, and maybe extra and fuel...I think....
Anyway....hope we can meet you guys in person and even share some exploring with you and others in the OB community in UT.
Thanks for the subscribe & response! You've been busy on your Tacoma! Can't wait to see how you like all of the updates. I'll send you a message so we can get connected sometime soon.

Ron W.

Rank VI
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Herriman, UT, USA
First Name
Ron
Last Name
Wilkinson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRQT933
Service Branch
US Navy

View attachment 224153

Welcome to our neck of the woods, though I am from Arizona. I am up in the Salt Lake area, Herriman to be exact. What brought you to American Fork?

Reactions: Exploring_parks

Exploring_parks

Rank I
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

American Fork, UT, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Parks
Welcome to our neck of the woods, though I am from Arizona. I am up in the Salt Lake area, Herriman to be exact. What brought you to American Fork?
Thanks! We moved here site unseen. We were craving mountains and landed on AF for the canyon and close enough to SLC without being too close lol.
It's funny you mention Arizona. We've recently been looking to purchase land out there and are planning to go check it out soon. What brought you out of Arizona to Utah?

Geared4Utah

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Lehi, Utah, USA
First Name
Dane
Last Name
Quittner
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WQYM748
Thanks! We moved here site unseen. We were craving mountains and landed on AF for the canyon and close enough to SLC without being too close lol.
It's funny you mention Arizona. We've recently been looking to purchase land out there and are planning to go check it out soon. What brought you out of Arizona to Utah?
Welcome neighbors!

We are just outside the AF border in Lehi welcome. We have been here in the state for over 20 tears and have been exploring every step of the way. Reach out if you ever need some help deciding where to go or outfitting your vehicles.

Exploring_parks

Rank I
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

American Fork, UT, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Parks
Welcome neighbors!

We are just outside the AF border in Lehi welcome. We have been here in the state for over 20 tears and have been exploring every step of the way. Reach out if you ever need some help deciding where to go or outfitting your vehicles.
Thank you! Glad to know there are fellow overlanders close by. We'll definitely be reaching out.

Ron W.

Rank VI
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Herriman, UT, USA
First Name
Ron
Last Name
Wilkinson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRQT933
Service Branch
US Navy
My wife:rage:. She is from Orem. What area are you looking at?