West Jordan, UT, USA
First Name
HOA
Last Name
HUYNH
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WSAN860
It's difficult to say what day works best for me because I work multiple jobs and my weekly schedule is currently dynamic. I will say probably a weekend day would work best, but it's not a guarantee. I will make every effort that I can to attend the meet and greet and if I can't make it I will definitely provide an advance notice.

Reactions: Ron W.

AL Z.

Rank V

Enthusiast III

Sandy, Utah, USA
First Name
Alphonse
Last Name
Zoda
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
HAM: KJ7LDJ GRMS: WSAS756
Service Branch
Veteran U.S.Army
Is anyone in northern Utah interested in doing a meet and greet soon? Figure we can all meet up somewhere, discuss gear, plans for some outings, etc.
I for one am very interested in a meetup!!

Reactions: mface7

Ron W.

Rank VI
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Herriman, UT, USA
First Name
Ron
Last Name
Wilkinson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRQT933
Service Branch
US Navy
I think it is time to get serious about setting up a meeting, so let's do a little discussion. For a 1st meet up, are we looking at doing a trail ride or doing a meet and greet?

mface7

Rank V

Influencer II

Syracuse, Utah, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Facer
Member #

I think it is time to get serious about setting up a meeting, so let's do a little discussion. For a 1st meet up, are we looking at doing a trail ride or doing a meet and greet?
I think a meet and greet to start, get a feel for everyone and then figure a trail out for next round.

Ron W.

Rank VI
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Herriman, UT, USA
First Name
Ron
Last Name
Wilkinson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRQT933
Service Branch
US Navy
I think a meet and greet to start, get a feel for everyone and then figure a trail out for next round.
Sounds good, we will give this a couple of days for other people to respond. Any ideas of where we want do do a meet? I was wondering if a local off-road center would accommodate us. We used to meet at a restaurant, but they were usually too noisy. We can look for a quieter restaurant though.

Ron W.

Rank VI
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Herriman, UT, USA
First Name
Ron
Last Name
Wilkinson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRQT933
Service Branch
US Navy
What ever happened to our local representative Cendee? Haven't seen anything from her in a long time.

BOMBS

Rank VI
Launch Member

Pioneer II

West Jordan, UT, USA
First Name
HOA
Last Name
HUYNH
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WSAN860
I don't know what happen to Cendee. I have not met her yet. I have only met one person that is an Overland Bound member from Utah, that I know of.

Last edited:

RCP

Rank I

Contributor III

Utah, UT, USA
First Name
Richard
Last Name
Pasquineli
I would be up for meeting up with some local members, I live in the Farr West/North Ogden area, but would be willing to drive a little ways to meet up. I would think a local off-road shop or something like that would be a good spot.

AL Z.

Rank V

Enthusiast III

Sandy, Utah, USA
First Name
Alphonse
Last Name
Zoda
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
HAM: KJ7LDJ GRMS: WSAS756
Service Branch
Veteran U.S.Army
I live in Sandy but am willing to drive to Ogden if we have a fair number of people interested in a meetup.

Reactions: BOMBS

mface7

Rank V

Influencer II

Syracuse, Utah, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Facer
Member #

I would be up for meeting up with some local members, I live in the Farr West/North Ogden area, but would be willing to drive a little ways to meet up. I would think a local off-road shop or something like that would be a good spot.
good thought. Northern or Central SL county is probably going to be the best to get the folks along the Wasatch Front in one place. I'm going to reach out to a friend whose family used to own a powersports dealership (CanAm stuff) and had a little off-road test track at their site...I know they sold the biz but their other company is still in the building so maybe we could meet up there and roll through the track. It's in the Bangerter/21st South area so fairly easy to access for everyone.

Reactions: BOMBS and AL Z.

mface7

Rank V

Influencer II

Syracuse, Utah, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Facer
Member #

Hell yeah! I'm in the West Jordan area as well.
While I live in Davis County, I spend most of my time in West Jordan where my job is located...but rarely bring Chuck down here since it would run me through like 10 gallons of gas in a day to do a round trip!

Reactions: RandomNoize

Ron W.

Rank VI
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Herriman, UT, USA
First Name
Ron
Last Name
Wilkinson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRQT933
Service Branch
US Navy
good thought. Northern or Central SL county is probably going to be the best to get the folks along the Wasatch Front in one place. I'm going to reach out to a friend whose family used to own a powersports dealership (CanAm stuff) and had a little off-road test track at their site...I know they sold the biz but their other company is still in the building so maybe we could meet up there and roll through the track. It's in the Bangerter/21st South area so fairly easy to access for everyone.
This sounds like a good idea. After this weekend (11/20 & 11/21) Iam working the next 2 weekends. So my next weekend off is 12/11 & 12/12. However, I do have week days off as well.

Rodzilla

Rank I

Contributor III

Utah, USA
First Name
Rodrigo
Last Name
Miranda
Service Branch
USArmy
Hey, all!
Also in SL county. Would be interesting h in meeting up with fellow overlanders.
Currently down in southern AZ with work-but will be back in Utah soon!

Ron W.

Rank VI
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Herriman, UT, USA
First Name
Ron
Last Name
Wilkinson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRQT933
Service Branch
US Navy
Hey, all!
Also in SL county. Would be interesting h in meeting up with fellow overlanders.
Currently down in southern AZ with work-but will be back in Utah soon!
Where in southern Arizona? I grew up in Nogales.

Ron W.

Rank VI
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Herriman, UT, USA
First Name
Ron
Last Name
Wilkinson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRQT933
Service Branch
US Navy
Dec. 18 a few of us from Utah Overland and Exploration F/B group are going to meet by the Bonneville Salt Flats to do some winter wheeling in the Silver Island Mountain area. I will be posting a rally point.

Reactions: AL Z.

mface7

Rank V

Influencer II

Syracuse, Utah, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Facer
Member #

Dec. 18 a few of us from Utah Overland and Exploration F/B group are going to meet by the Bonneville Salt Flats to do some winter wheeling in the Silver Island Mountain area. I will be posting a rally point.
Dang...wish I could attend. The 18th is chock-full of family holiday stuff. :fearscream:

DToverlanding

Rank V

Enthusiast III

Layton, UT, USA
First Name
Damon
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Hey Utah folks...been out of pocket for a few months but with the warmer weather these days we've started getting the itch to get out an explore again. Did the plans for a meet/greet ever come to fruition? Any interest in a meet/greet?