Pleasant Hill, CA
First Name
Camilo
Last Name
Sanchez
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6QLZ
180 EACH? What size are you running, may I ask? My friend told me the 275/70/18's are gonna cost me 287 each!! He's a Cooper dealer AND a friend..I haven't taken the jump yet..
Being that 18s are not a common size and bigger wheel size the tires will be more $.

@cam_toyota_tech

Scout

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Jamestown,NY
Member #

yeah but thats quite a difference in price..I found that Wally World carries the 275's for 262. I'm going to see if my friend can beat or match that price.

Kevigizmo

Western Europe Moderator
Launch Member

Influencer II

North Walsham, Norfolk, UK
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Titmarsh
Member #

This would depend on the environment

If its a daily drive (like mine at the mo) then a set of BFG AT-KO2 are pretty good as they have nice tread for road use and are fairly good offroad
In my old Discovery 1 i used to run with BFG AT-KO and they worked a treat

The D110 i drive occasionally run with AT-KO2 and the road noise is pretty low which is nice - last thing you want is to drive with a set of tires more for off road and have that droning sound when driving long distance on tarmac

At present on my D90 im using some Dakar ones which it came with - nice for off road but terrible noise for on road..

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

I have Primewell Valera (right? Who the heck is that?) AT's. I had them for a month for a massive double-doss of snow hit my area and the tires dominated the snow easily, to the point that I volunteered to drive around and help recover cars and other vehicles that got stuck.

The tires also do extremely well in mud, gravel, dirt, and pavement lol. I've thoroughly tested them in the thickest, nastiest, mud out there (Kentucky clay.....beat that!) and they prevailed wholeheartedly.

Shane are you still running these and how have/did they hold up?

OuterLimits

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Macho Grande
Member #

I am currently running Cooper Discoverer in 235/75/16. Just shy of 30"

em_0692.jpg

em_0693.jpg

em_0690.jpg

For AT tires they are very civilized on the road. In dirt and snow they have performed superbly.

SOCOSam

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Del Norte, CO
Member #

Hey all, I'm currently shopping for tires and here's where I'm at... looking for some thoughts.
Currently running Nitto Terra Grapplers in 285/70r17 (standard load) They currently have over 45k miles and look like they have 10k more.
I was looking at the Nitto TG G2s but I saw mixed reviews and I'm not sure I want a harder compound as I run a lot of gravel and unimproved rock roads. BUT this is my DD so I want a decent riding tire. I prefer all-terrains but I am open to less aggressive MTs
Option 1: Hankook Dynapro MT
Option 2: General Grabber AT2
Option 3: Cooper Discoverer MTP
Option 4: BFG AT Ko2
Option 5: Take a chance on the G2s

Is there another tire I should be looking at?

My personal all-time favorite was the original Cooper Discoverer ST but the only ones I can find are way over priced compared to the ones I had years ago... so those are out.

southernfire97

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Pascagoula, MS
First Name
Steven
Last Name
Conner
Member #

I love them for what I use them for. And I get a discount through one of the off-road clubs I'm in, so it's a win-win.

OB#4392

Veggie Man

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Fort Worth
First Name
John
Last Name
Armstrong
Member #

Several of the guys in my local Jeep group have run Federal Couragia M/T's. I have not yet but they all swear by them for the money.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

southernfire97

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Pascagoula, MS
First Name
Steven
Last Name
Conner
Member #

Several of the guys in my local Jeep group have run Federal Couragia M/T's. I have not yet but they all swear by them for the money.

My wife had those on her JKU. They wore quickly and were horribly loud. Pretty inexpensive tire though.

OB#4392

southernfire97

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Pascagoula, MS
First Name
Steven
Last Name
Conner
Member #

Good to know. Thanks.

What kind of wear?

"He who has a why to live can bear almost any how."
-Nietzsche
Nothing like uneven wear, they have worn evenly, they just wore out in about 25,000 miles. After about 5,000 miles they started getting loud. With the soft top on, you had to yell at each other when you were running over 60 mph.

OB#4392

Veggie Man

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Fort Worth
First Name
John
Last Name
Armstrong
Member #

Wow! That's pretty bad. How does that compare to other M/T's? Or are those your first set?

Cam_Cam_Tech

Rank VI

Pathfinder III

Pleasant Hill, CA
First Name
Camilo
Last Name
Sanchez
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6QLZ
Another sneak peak (not really) of the KM3 about to run the Baja 500. Man I wish I was down there! But I will for the 1000. Unfortunately no release date, word is not till early 2018

@cam_toyota_tech

RootedWanderers

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Pelham, Alabama 35124
First Name
Wayne
Last Name
Sullivan
Member #

I have run Goodyear Fierce Attitude MT 35x12.50x17s on both my FJ that I had and on my JKU that I currently drive. When they were on the FJ I had 40k miles on them and they were great in snow, water, dirt, road, and mud. Best bang for the buck MT I have found. I am however probably going to go to the new General Grabber X3 this tire change and haven't decided if I will put 37s on or if I will stick with the 35s.