what temp do you set your 12v fridge on?

• HTML tutorial

phlfly

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Leesburg, VA, USA
First Name
Vadim
Last Name
Zubkov
Member #

I was asking if anyone did a test from lithium battery station running AC vs DC time and consumption energy vs discharged rate on power station

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
For about 2,5 years now and from time to time checking with a thermometer, it does freeze but I only tried it once.
Only issue I have now is that the fan has gone bad and I need to replace it.
Will you be able to buy parts for it or do you have to send it back to the mfg.?

Reactions: MazeVX

MazeVX

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Gießen Germany
First Name
Mathias
Last Name
Kreicker
Member #

Will you be able to buy parts for it or do you have to send it back to the mfg.?
It's out of Warranty so I repair it myself, fan is a standard fan and I replaced it with a common known brand fan for a computer housing and installed it in a better position to make sure it pulls the air from the outside.
It was a cheap fridge so I expected some work... Half the price of a dometic or Engel fridge.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
It's out of Warranty so I repair it myself, fan is a standard fan and I replaced it with a common known brand fan for a computer housing and installed it in a better position to make sure it pulls the air from the outside.
It was a cheap fridge so I expected some work... Half the price of a dometic or Engel fridge.
I cant justify the cost of a Dometic refer at my age. If what I buy will last me 3-5 years that should get me through my camping years ! LOL

MazeVX

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Gießen Germany
First Name
Mathias
Last Name
Kreicker
Member #

I cant justify the cost of a Dometic refer at my age. If what I buy will last me 3-5 years that should get me through my camping years ! LOL
I fully understand, in my case it's not really age but I have to look at the budget, it's expensive here anyway and I don't need a fridge as often as I would like to.
From my personal experience I can say that the cheap fridges are worth the money, while I like a 900$ Truma fridge it doesn't make sense.

Boppa's Travels

Rank VI

Explorer I

Corsicana, TX, USA
First Name
Rich
Last Name
Eubank
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5KFF
That's why I went with an alpicool. I think I paid $360 for a 60 quart dual-zone

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
I fully understand, in my case it's not really age but I have to look at the budget, it's expensive here anyway and I don't need a fridge as often as I would like to.
From my personal experience I can say that the cheap fridges are worth the money, while I like a 900$ Truma fridge it doesn't make sense.
I agree. It dosent help knowing that we are also being ripped off by the profiteering thieves in this camping-off roading industry.
In the states the convenience stores are charging over $3.00 for a bag of ice. I had to buy a refer because I could spend more on ice in a year than the refer cost. Even a decent small ice chest will cost upward of $100.00 or more.
I can imagine the cost in Germany being even more.

Reactions: MazeVX

MOAK

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Wernersville Public Library, North Reber Street, Wernersville, PA, USA
First Name
Donald
Last Name
Diehl
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRPN 506
I have an ARB 63 qt. after calibrating it with a thermometer I keep it at 36 f. When empty it’ll swing down to 34 and up to 38. When full of stuff it stays very stable. It’s even more stable and cycles way less often now that I’m using the insulation bag for it.