Launch Member

Member I

Texas (DFW)
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Patterson
Member #

I live in Texas and RTT camping is coming to a close for my family with June approaching. That’s unless you want to sweat while you sleep (that’s a big no for the wife).

I’m curious to know if anyone is using a good USB fan for their tent that puts off some good air movement. The current one we have isn’t cutting it. It hangs from the aluminum hoop and is quite small.

Looking for ideas and options.

Thanks and stay safe everyone!

Aaron

joshjunior

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Memphis
First Name
Josh
Last Name
Smith
Member #

I just ordered a DeWalt fan. It's a 11" or 12" I believe. Hoping it's enough. It's already getting warm down south

Reactions: A_Patt

1Louder

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member II

AZ
First Name
Chris
Last Name
K
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1LDR
I no longer have an RTT but when I did this one worked well. I used to strap it to the roof bar.

Downs

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Hunt County Texas
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Downs
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6RBI / WQYH678
Service Branch
USMC 03-16, FIRE/EMS
USB Fan

I currently have this USB fan. Moves as much or more air as some of my 12v fans I've tried over the years.

Wallygator

Rank III

Contributor II

USA
I have a 12V fan I run off a Yeti 400 but now that I have a fridge I am running into power issues. I either need to adapt what I currently have or spend a lot of money on a dedicated second battery with solar. So I am looking at adapting and am looking at possibly getting this fan from Milwaukee. I already have the batteries from other tools and one battery will supposedly last 10 hours of continuous use on low. Haven't pulled the trigger yet but looking at it.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Milwaukee-M18-18-Volt-Lithium-Ion-Cordless-Jobsite-Fan-Tool-Only-0886-20/20584639

Viking1204

Rank V
Mod Team
Investor

Member III

Fort Walton Beach, FL
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Viking
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force Veteran

Been getting decent service from this one or a very similar one from same make.
I just received two of these in the mail a couple of days ago to try out on our camping trip this weekend. Lows are going to be in the mid to upper 60's but will probably be warm when going to sleep with highs during the day reaching 90. I plan to test them out this weekend and will report back the results next week!

Viking1204

Rank V
Mod Team
Investor

Member III

Fort Walton Beach, FL
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Viking
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force Veteran
My Opolar fans worked great, actually had to turn them off in the wee hours of the morning since it was cool enough with them!

Laurits

Rank IV
Investor

Enthusiast III

Fort Walton Beach, FL
First Name
Laurits
Last Name
Jorgensen
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
HamHead
Service Branch
USNCB (Seabees)
I live in Texas and RTT camping is coming to a close for my family with June approaching. That’s unless you want to sweat while you sleep (that’s a big no for the wife).

I’m curious to know if anyone is using a good USB fan for their tent that puts off some good air movement. The current one we have isn’t cutting it. It hangs from the aluminum hoop and is quite small.

Looking for ideas and options.

Thanks and stay safe everyone!

Aaron
Don't know if you're still looking, but I purchased a Geekaire fan which has a Li-on battery that lasts almost 24 hours. Mine is a 15 Dia and it's quiet and works really well. I use it in my carport and my camping tent. Google geekaire.com for more info.
1626046027969.png

Reactions: Sylvester

lhoffm4

Rank III

Advocate I

Boise, Idaho
First Name
Lee
Last Name
Hoffman
Service Branch
US Navy
View attachment 156374
Amazon. Not sure if this is the exact ones i have but similar
I have one like this that clip onto the clam-shell frame inside the tent. It oscillates side to side and moves air pretty well. It isn’t usb tho, but 12v. I plug it into a long 12v extension to the cab of my truck or recently to the battery box that my son gave me.