What is the last thing you bought and plan to buy?

• HTML tutorial

FrankRoams

Local Expert Southern CA

Member III

Aliso Viejo, CA
First Name
Frank
Last Name
Martinez
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6TRD
I bought a couple of things within days of each other. They arrived at different times but both are installed now!

The first one was a 10lb candy red power tank. Ever since I got a chance to see these in action then get to use one later I was sold!

IMG_5790 2.JPG

The second was a set of Demello Off-Road Domnitor sliders. Another item that's been on my list for a long time. I had avoided doing more difficult trails for fear the factory sliders would fold. These will be fun the smash on some rocks as we go further into the SoCal desert canyons and mountains.

DSC07654.jpg

Next up will be skid plates, thinking of going Bud Built right now. Then a bumper that will likely be Demello as well.

Attachments

FJRebelGirl

Rank II

Enthusiast II

Elk Plain, WA, USA
First Name
Misty
Last Name
Tena
Changed up my suspension last weekend! WOOT WOOT. I went with Dobinson's, it is not a specific kit, I talked with their sales rep in Florida and told him what I do with my FJ, weight, etc. and he built this custom kit for me. So far so good, taking her camping this weekend hopefully up in the snow. Gonna stretch it out a bit I hope.IMG_5128.jpgIMG_5229.jpgIMG_5243.jpgIMG_5268.jpg

DrivingTacoLoco

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Winston-Salem, NC, USA
First Name
Rich
Last Name
Weiss
Member #

That's what I heard what might happen, but with my camper shell and tire carrier always on (and other stuff inside the bed), I don't notice any difference in ride quality.
You start out heavier so it makes sense. As / if you continue to add weight these may work for you as the next step. I'll find out this weekend if the airbags did the job.

Reactions: DoggMan1163

TerryD

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
We bought sleeping pads for the wife and kids over the weekend. Got everyone the Alps APEX pads. 3" thick, nicely made pads that we think will greatly improve everyone's comfort in cooler weather over our air mattresses. Being cold sleeping has been the biggest complaint so far from everyone in Fall and Spring camping. I picked up a Thermarest Mondo King XXL for myself earlier this year for a trip and it is great. I'll continue to use it and since I plan on a little winter camping for myself this year, the R11 value of it should really work nicely. Hoping to give it a shot at the end of the month.

Next on the list is updating our sleeping bag situation a little. I've got to check to see what all our current bags are rated for. One of them I know is a 0*F bag and my old Coleman bag is a 20*F bag but the two mummy bags I'm not sure about. I'm thinking they are -15*F but I'm going to have to do some research on them.

I think some 0-20*F bags are what we'll need MOST of the time to keep everyone warm but not sweating in them. Then a couple big blankets to supplement those on the odd cold night and a couple sub 0 bags for winter camping for myself and one of the minions that are brave...

Mountain Goat

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Ipswich QLD, Australia
First Name
Christopher
Last Name
BOORER
Member #

Nice gadgets! I have the Scanguage II. When you get it, you can register it online and check for firmware updates. If there is a firmware update available, you can send it in to them to have it done. I believe there was a small cost for it and turn around time was in a few days to a week including delivery time.
bought the scan gauge 2 yesterday should arrive next week so just leaves the tyres now :)

Reactions: RoarinRow

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
Would like to get a HAM radio installed, so I just bought the study guides for Technician, General, and Extra. Yes, I'm a bit of an over achiever :). Next up is my portable toilet setup.View attachment 125604
dit da dit dit (to hell with it = L) Have fun