What is the last thing you bought and plan to buy?

• HTML tutorial

TerryD

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
Would like to get a HAM radio installed, so I just bought the study guides for Technician, General, and Extra. Yes, I'm a bit of an over achiever :). Next up is my portable toilet setup.View attachment 125604
Awesome! Be sure to listen to our Echolink net on Fridays! You can listen on broadcastify until you get your license and sign up for Echolink.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
I got it from a friend he had bought it never used it. It was still in the box he was going to return it. For me it’s a fantastic buy normally at least a 225.00 purchase
Glad to see you benefit. Is it pure sine or modified sine wave ?

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Wish it was pure sine but I don’t make that kinda money
That's why I asked, I was hoping you lucked out and got a pure sine. I cant afford one either but my 1000 - 2000 max mod sine is plenty for what I want and probably overkill.

Morehouse Expedition

Rank VI
Launch Member

Explorer I

Utah, USA
First Name
Rick
Last Name
Morehouse
Member #

Service Branch
I.S. Navy
That's why I asked, I was hoping you lucked out and got a pure sine. I cant afford one either but my 1000 - 2000 max mod sine is plenty for what I want and probably overkill.
A lot of overkill especially once I get it hooked up to a set of independent batteries that I will have hooked to a float charger

Desert Runner

Rank VII
Launch Member

Expedition Master III

Southern Nevada
First Name
Jerold
Last Name
F.
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
/GMRS=WREA307
Purchased and just received a pair of these. Price was to good to ignore, and besides,............I have been thinking about them as an addition to my recovery gear bag. New tech vs old tech :sunglasses:. A eBay purchase, for an item that was viable for my HD rig. would have preferred a 36,000 lb. rating vs this 32,000 k, but it should be adequate for the job.:grinning:

$17.40 a piece.............not to shabby. Prices on Dyeema products are finally coming down because of so many competitors now joining the market. Just might look into a snatch rope next, as they also have come down in price.1573339433566.png

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
A lot of overkill especially once I get it hooked up to a set of independent batteries that I will have hooked to a float charger
I have two independent 12v batteries for my solar charger and 12v system and I doubt I'll ever use what I've got or run out of power in the boonies !

Desert Runner

Rank VII
Launch Member

Expedition Master III

Southern Nevada
First Name
Jerold
Last Name
F.
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
/GMRS=WREA307
Just purchased 2 sets as a Xmas gift, for my Sister and BIL..again price was good (eBay)....$37.95 a set X2. They are very minimalist on recovery gear. Have had friends around when needed, so they haven't invested. These will at least offer some support in that direction :laughing: when out alone.
1573341340415.pngBlack version.