Investor

Advocate I

San Benito County, CA, USA
First Name
James
Last Name
Madison
Member #

Got chainsaw out and cut the Tahoe free. Victim of the Bomb cyclone. Dented hood and roof, needs windshield now. Maybe more once daylight hits. 62 Pontiac Grand Prix took major body damage, garage took it like a bomb shelter. Somehow missed power drop to house but took out the unused phone land line.
Thankfully the WJ was parked elsewhere, it usually would have been where the Tahoe is.

Attachments

DaleRF

Rank VII
Investor

Pioneer II

Sierra Vista Southeast, AZ, USA
First Name
DALE
Last Name
FOLLETTE
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7JDA
Service Branch
US Army CWO (Ret)
Got chainsaw out and cut the Tahoe free. Victim of the Bomb cyclone. Dented hood and roof, needs windshield now. Maybe more once daylight hits. 62 Pontiac Grand Prix took major body damage, garage took it like a bomb shelter. Somehow missed power drop to house but took out the unused phone land line.
Thankfully the WJ was parked elsewhere, it usually would have been where the Tahoe is.
That totally bites...

Reactions: Shahn

Padams7

Rank V
Investor

Advocate II

First Name
Phillip
Last Name
Adams
Member #

I am installing a Blazer Remote Control Wiring System/Switch Pod.

I saw someone else do this on a vehicle without Auxillary Switches - but since I am mounting a few lights around the roof rack, and I wanted the ability to turn them on and off while the vehicle is off, this seems like a great option.

I’d be able to pop the lights on from the RTT, and see all around!

Attachments

DaleRF

Rank VII
Investor

Pioneer II

Sierra Vista Southeast, AZ, USA
First Name
DALE
Last Name
FOLLETTE
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7JDA
Service Branch
US Army CWO (Ret)
I am installing a Blazer Remote Control Wiring System/Switch Pod.

I saw someone else do this on a vehicle without Auxillary Switches - but since I am mounting a few lights around the roof rack, and I wanted the ability to turn them on and off while the vehicle is off, this seems like a great option.

I’d be able to pop the lights on from the RTT, and see all around!

That's a great idea - I hope it works well!

Reactions: Shahn and Padams7

BroncoTrail

Rank IV

Influencer II

Cottonwood Heights, UT, USA
First Name
Bronco
Last Name
Trail
Member #

Yesterday I took it to Little Moab and got a little muddy! Did the Nutty Putty Cave loop and explored some other areas too. There were some steep dirt sections and steep rocky sections, and some mud holes which were a lot of fun. It was my first offroading adventure in this thing and I loved every second of it.

PXL_20230114_221716072.jpg

PXL_20230114_221724607.jpg

PXL_20230114_221732394.jpg

PXL_20230114_221745471.jpg

PXL_20230114_221752546~2.jpg

danwyandt

Rank VII
Investor

Trail Mechanic III

Burnsville, NC, USA
First Name
Daniel
Last Name
Wyandt
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRTJ513
After camping and running some of the DBBB trails with the Byway Winter Ride rally bunch, on the way home I spent an hour Sunday afternoon outside Advance Auto Parts changing a broken cv /axle assembly.

Sparksalot

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Bastrop County, TX, USA
First Name
Rex
Last Name
Drake
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5GH
Service Branch
Air Force
Did the Lexus front caliper brake upgrade with powerstop rotors and pads, and in the rear all powerstop. Love it!

Jim
Jim, your screen name isn’t showing up anymore when I’m viewing the forum through a browser on my iPad. It does in the app however.

Attachments