Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
how the heck did you fit that in...photos?
Genesis duel battery, only way to go mainly because it eliminates the aux battery from the factor that causes so much trouble. It is way easier than it looks to do this only about 2-3 hrs of time.
Link

Attachments

Sea Diamond

Rank III

Enthusiast III

First Name
Sea
Last Name
Diamond
Genesis duel battery, only way to go mainly because it eliminates the aux battery from the factor that causes so much trouble. It is way easier than it looks to do this only about 2-3 hrs of time.
Link
Nice job Kent...obviously you're a professional. I'm opting for a battery switch...had to yank the battery out and hook it up to my solar charge controller more than once ;)

Reactions: DaleRF and Kent R

SJ.Overland

Rank VII

Trail Blazer I

Beavercreek, OH, USA
First Name
Shaun
Last Name
Johannes
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE8TDZ
Reactions: Kent R

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Link
I think this is a super good upgrade for the Jeep. Because I have heared from so many that they have trouble with the weird aux battery construction that is installed there originally.

Reactions: DaleRF

Downs

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Hunt County Texas
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Downs
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6RBI / WQYH678
Service Branch
USMC 03-16, FIRE/EMS
31s swapped for 235s
Frame welded redneck bumper/winch plate cut off and tossed
2 inch body lift deleted.
Radiator drop kit deleted.
Wanted to make more progress but one of the body mount bolts fought me and I had to cut an access for one of the square nuts under the passenger seat.
Also picked up a bunch of parts today.

323414376_954785535518156_2201472538481392313_n.jpg326216594_2129845254071072_5574048468784524837_n.jpgVACUUM.jpgYJ following.jpgYJ INSIDE.jpgyj landon.jpgYJ.jpg

DaleRF

Rank VII
Investor

Pioneer II

Sierra Vista Southeast, AZ, USA
First Name
DALE
Last Name
FOLLETTE
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7JDA
Service Branch
US Army CWO (Ret)
31s swapped for 235s
Frame welded redneck bumper/winch plate cut off and tossed
2 inch body lift deleted.
Radiator drop kit deleted.
Wanted to make more progress but one of the body mount bolts fought me and I had to cut an access for one of the square nuts under the passenger seat.
Also picked up a bunch of parts today.

View attachment 248750View attachment 248751View attachment 248752View attachment 248753View attachment 248754View attachment 248755View attachment 248756
Looks like a lot of work!

reaver

Rank VI

Explorer I

Caldwell, ID, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McGahuey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRMV941
Heading out in the morning for a little solo winter camping.

I've got the 100Ah Lifepo4 in the X right now, and I turned on the battery heater. Gonna find out how much battery it uses overnight.

It pulls. 3.5A when it's running, but also insulates the battery, and it's in a box, so I'm really curious to see how it does.

reaver

Rank VI

Explorer I

Caldwell, ID, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McGahuey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRMV941
Heading out in the morning for a little solo winter camping.

I've got the 100Ah Lifepo4 in the X right now, and I turned on the battery heater. Gonna find out how much battery it uses overnight.

It pulls. 3.5A when it's running, but also insulates the battery, and it's in a box, so I'm really curious to see how it does.
Figured I'd provide an update on the battery heater.

It did much better than expected, and has been on since about 6pm last night.

reaver

Rank VI

Explorer I

Caldwell, ID, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McGahuey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRMV941
WoW! 90% looks like it pulled nearly nothing! Nice!
Yeah, honestly, it works much better than expected. They make higher amperage heaters as well, but I don't think its necessary. I live in the Idaho high desert, and it gets COLD here in the winter. The heater doesn't seem to have any problems keeping up.

Now I need to add one to my 5 gallon water can.

Reactions: Hazard and DaleRF

reaver

Rank VI

Explorer I

Caldwell, ID, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McGahuey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRMV941
I had previously installed the 60 percent rear seat delete and it provided a great place to keep the fridge safe.

View attachment 248869

View attachment 248870

I finally got a around to installing a 40 percent delete and now have plenty of room for activities!

View attachment 248871
The only thing I'm jealous of with Jeep and Toyota owners is just how much stuff is available to you guys. I have to get pretty creative with my solutions (not that I mind that), but that is a very clean install.

Downs

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Hunt County Texas
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Downs
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6RBI / WQYH678
Service Branch
USMC 03-16, FIRE/EMS
Got the YJ restarted today. New battery cables, battery, serpentine belt, idler pulley bearing, plugs, wires, cap rotor, and valve cover gasket. Starts better but still idles rough.
Found a sizeable crack in the exhaust manifold, and fuel pressure is sitting at 20 psi. It should be 31 at idle, or 39 if you unhook the FPR. Unhooking the FPR made no difference. So will be ordering a new manifold this payday and troubleshooting the fuel pressure issue.
Theres also a constant rattle that MAY be the timing chain hitting the cover. Or the second idler pulley bearing, stethoscope shows the noise in both areas but they're really close together. Ive got a spare idler pulley bearing so Ill try that first before replacing the timing chain.

326773686_573969520964781_3137030409774224286_n.jpg

DaleRF

Rank VII
Investor

Pioneer II

Sierra Vista Southeast, AZ, USA
First Name
DALE
Last Name
FOLLETTE
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7JDA
Service Branch
US Army CWO (Ret)
Got the YJ restarted today. New battery cables, battery, serpentine belt, idler pulley bearing, plugs, wires, cap rotor, and valve cover gasket. Starts better but still idles rough.
Found a sizeable crack in the exhaust manifold, and fuel pressure is sitting at 20 psi. It should be 31 at idle, or 39 if you unhook the FPR. Unhooking the FPR made no difference. So will be ordering a new manifold this payday and troubleshooting the fuel pressure issue.
Theres also a constant rattle that MAY be the timing chain hitting the cover. Or the second idler pulley bearing, stethoscope shows the noise in both areas but they're really close together. Ive got a spare idler pulley bearing so Ill try that first before replacing the timing chain.

View attachment 248920
Bummer either way. Hopefully it's the lesser of the evils...