What Did You Do With Your Rig Today?

• HTML tutorial

Enthusiast III

Grand Falls-Windsor, NL, Canada
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Adams
Created the list I need to do to Pat. Damn, it's a long list. First things first...New front half shafts. I think I have a bad U joint in one of them, replace both to make sure. Then it's suspension work. Going with King springs and Bilstein shocks/struts. Gives us 1.1 inches of lift, more carrying capacity and takes the sag outta the butt. All new control arms etc as well. Since I am diving in, might as well go whole hog on the rig to make it good for another 100,000 km. Winter tires and summer tires are needed as well. The rest is goodies not requirements. My friend and I are going to dynamat the entire rig to knock down exterior noise. I dove an EV the other day and loved the silence. Roof rack, hitch and protection are big on the to-do's as well. The hitch is finally in so we are doing that one soon enough. Time to crack at it!

Retired

Rank III
Launch Member

Member III

Discovery Bay, CA.
First Name
CJ
Last Name
H.
Member #

We traded it in, the little 2016 range rover evoque is gone. Used cars are at a premium right now. Moved up to a 2022 infiniti QX55 all wheel drive with all the bells and whistles. Labor day holiday sale. Even has a self driving mode but if you take your hands off the wheel for too long it will slow and stop, unlike the tesla. Now the wife can get to the mall again.

Attachments

Kozysnack

Rank VII
Investor

Expedition Master I

Austin, Travis County, Texas, United States
First Name
Vance
Last Name
Ely
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRNX949 is my GMRS, haven't taken my test yet but working on the HAM
Service Branch
USAF BRAT
Had to go back and Loctite everything on our rack made from extruded aluminum t-slot and Gamiviti mounts on top of our 2004 GX470
the t-slot was repurposed from a table we pick-up at a local trift store, the silver "fairing" was a found item maybe starting life as custom aluminum molding for an appliance or store fixure? we had proof of concept so it was time to lock it in.

Attachments

SJ.Overland

Rank VII

Trail Blazer I

Beavercreek, OH, USA
First Name
Shaun
Last Name
Johannes
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE8TDZ

Downs

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Hunt County Texas
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Downs
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6RBI / WQYH678
Service Branch
USMC 03-16, FIRE/EMS
Added another Jeep to the driveway. Previous owner has it listed as a 1950 CJ3A but those more knowledable on older CJs have told me it's probably a 46 or 47 2A with a 3A windshield on it. There are no frame serial number tags left so all I have is the tub serial number which are 10,000ish less than the frame serial numbers. If that number is accurate that puts this as a 47 2A. Given the running gear I'm leaning towards early 47 as it's still rocking some MB running gear, which was a common thing when CJ2As first came out because they were using up left over MB/GPW parts from the war.

Has a blown head gasket for sure but will run and move under it's own power. Current plans are a full tear down and refreshing of the tub, and at least a reseal of the engine if not a full overhaul.

Kozysnack

Rank VII
Investor

Expedition Master I

Austin, Travis County, Texas, United States
First Name
Vance
Last Name
Ely
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRNX949 is my GMRS, haven't taken my test yet but working on the HAM
Service Branch
USAF BRAT
Added another Jeep to the driveway. Previous owner has it listed as a 1950 CJ3A but those more knowledable on older CJs have told me it's probably a 46 or 47 2A with a 3A windshield on it. There are no frame serial number tags left so all I have is the tub serial number which are 10,000ish less than the frame serial numbers. If that number is accurate that puts this as a 47 2A. Given the running gear I'm leaning towards early 47 as it's still rocking some MB running gear, which was a common thing when CJ2As first came out because they were using up left over MB/GPW parts from the war.

Has a blown head gasket for sure but will run and move under it's own power. Current plans are a full tear down and refreshing of the tub, and at least a reseal of the engine if not a full overhaul.

can't wait to see what you do with this.