What Did You Do With Your Rig Today?

• HTML tutorial

Widgeonmangh

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Today I finished the composting toilet project and added it to the kit that goes in the back.
Last year we did a DIY compositing toilet as a "proof of concept" to see if it was something we were even interested in. It exceeded expectations! So much better than the nasty vault toilets at the campground (especially during a pandemic) and it did not smell and was easy to deal with unlike the liquid portapotties or tanks you have to empty.. So this year took it a step further constructing a really nice one that will last forever. The bucket was not on purpose, they ran out of orange home depot buckets and this was the only one they had. Of course it was too funny that my composting toilet has a Kracken bucket or is that spelled "Crackin?" :)
IMG_0922.jpegIMG_0923.jpeg
IMG_0924.jpegIMG_0925.jpegIMG_0927.jpeg

boehml

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

British Columbia
First Name
Liam
Last Name
-
Member #

Today I finished the composting toilet project and added it to the kit that goes in the back.
Last year we did a DIY compositing toilet as a "proof of concept" to see if it was something we were even interested in. It exceeded expectations! So much better than the nasty vault toilets at the campground (especially during a pandemic) and it did not smell and was easy to deal with unlike the liquid portapotties or tanks you have to empty.. So this year took it a step further constructing a really nice one that will last forever. The bucket was not on purpose, they ran out of orange home depot buckets and this was the only one they had. Of course it was too funny that my composting toilet has a Kracken bucket or is that spelled "Crackin?" :)
View attachment 205738View attachment 205739
View attachment 205740View attachment 205741View attachment 205742
As a Canucks fan, I don't mind if you crap into that bucket.

• Haha
Reactions: Shahn

PCO6

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Newmarket, Ontario
First Name
Stew
Last Name
Beatty
Member #

I built some cross rails for my roof rack so I can mount an awning and carry my kayak. I also put on a "period correct" sticker on my '89 Cherokee XJ. Ontario came up with this slogan in the early '80s. I remember these being on all kinds of vehicles back then. I was surprised when I found one at a flea market a few years ago.

21-07-28 1.JPG21-07-28 3.JPG21-07-21 5.JPG

Downs

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Hunt County Texas
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Downs
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6RBI / WQYH678
Service Branch
USMC 03-16, FIRE/EMS
Used the CJ7 to recover a bunch of scrap tin roofing and siding out in our backfield that I had been putting off since we moved in here in 2017 lol.

socal66

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Covina, CA, USA
First Name
Carl
Last Name
Sampson
Member #

I spent Sunday finishing up a quick fab of a battery holder out of 1/8 aluminum sheet and straps that would allow me to locate my Bluetti battery pack in the notch between my tire well and the back seat of my Jeep. It uses a couple of the roof shell bolts to secure in place along the cargo wall. It's lightweight and seems to be sturdy for the job. After a couple of trail runs I will know that for more certain and if so just polish it up and then mount the MPPT controller on the top of the unit and will finally get things all wired to integrate my ignition and solar inputs together.

IMG_1606.jpg IMG_1607.jpg

Punk'n_Willy

Rank V

Advocate I

Macomb, Michigan, United States
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Riss
Member #

Service Branch
Navy Veteran
I spent Sunday finishing up a quick fab of a battery holder out of 1/8 aluminum sheet and straps that would allow me to locate my Bluetti battery pack in the notch between my tire well and the back seat of my Jeep. It uses a couple of the roof shell bolts to secure in place along the cargo wall. It's lightweight and seems to be sturdy for the job. After a couple of trail runs I will know that for more certain and if so just polish it up and then mount the MPPT controller on the top of the unit and will finally get things all wired to integrate my ignition and solar inputs together.

View attachment 206018 View attachment 206019
I'm actually looking at the Bluetti, how do you like it?

Oh and I did this to my Jeep this past weekend.

Attachments