Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS
They will say its knock sensor bank 1 low voltage. If changing dont fix it then look for chafed wiring causing a short.
Just got back from the shop (crying $$) and they did not provide details on the physical parts, other than they confirmed the P0327 code, recommended to replace both sensors and harness, then did the corresponding repairs of adding sealant around sensors, added knock sensor boot, added gasket kit, etc. On my paperwork I see something that says 131k OHMS. If that is supposed to do something with voltage, then maybe that was the root cause of problem?

JDGreens

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Englewood Co.
Member #

Bought some rock lights to change my reverse bulbs to LED's to make the brighter and lower the voltage. Made a few mods to the bulb housing and got them installed today.

Reactions: Ubiety

velo47

Rank VII
Launch Member

Member III

Albuquerque, NM, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Harland
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W3TAX
Installed my Midland MXT275 in the truck today. Radio body is under the back seat velcro'd to the carpet.

zr2 gmrs 3 (2).jpg

The power leads are not long enough to get to the battery, and I didn't feel like extending them, so I used the rear 12v plug in the console.

zr2 gmrs 2 (2).jpg

Ran a mic extension cable to the passenger side of the console.

zr2 gmrs 4 (2).jpg

Antenna cable goes out the rear vent and into the bed with the antenna on an NMO mount on top of the aluminum camper shell (but I forgot to take pics of the antenna).

Sparksalot

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Bastrop County, TX, USA
First Name
Rex
Last Name
Drake
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5GH
Service Branch
Air Force
Installed the base left over from the other wonder twin into thecopcar. It’s the floor plate for a laptop desk.

gets it outta the way in the garage, and ultimately gives some mounting options for future upgrades.

2C32AE23-1632-4F4C-8359-FC22C21B02EF.jpegECE86078-F732-4EBD-A867-9721D0206FF8.jpeg

ryanorr280

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Wewoka, Seminole County, Oklahoma, United States
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Orr
Member #

Put sliders on after work today. Budbuilt got them to me nearly a month earlier than they had promised when I ordered them on their Black Friday sale. They fit great!

Attachments

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
We received the junkyard bench seat for the J200 today - only a 200 lb freight shipment - for a bench seat?!?!? Will dig into it when the boy is out of school. Also tapped the factory nuts/holes in the bed of my truck to remove bedliner overspray so I can install trail rails (tie down system required for the canopy coming real soon now) and got one of the three rails installed. Silly Mopar provided some really bad instructions with the trail rails and they only supply 12 bolts when the install calls for 14. Home Depot run after dinner.

Hope everybody had a great day!

velo47

Rank VII
Launch Member

Member III

Albuquerque, NM, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Harland
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W3TAX
Installed the Icom 2730A HAM radio under the passenger seat in the van and moved the GMRS radio there too. Didn't really like it under the cupholder where I installed it originally.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image.

I used a Pro Clip mount to hold the head unit for the HAM and ran a mic extension to the cupholder for the GMRS. I haven't installed a mic holder for the HAM yet.

It's pretty incognito when the head unit and the mics are removed.

Both antennas are on Rago mounts which attach to the VanCompass ditch light brackets.

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
Finished up installing the trail rails in the bed of the truck this morning. Mounting holes with nuts were all oversprayed with bed liner and two holes use nutserts which are better left as punishment for life of crime. The upside is that I got to buy new tools to satisfy my tool fetish :) New tap/die set made quick work of the bedliner in the existing nuts and also got a 1/4 inch torque wrench in in-lbs as my trusty old torque wrench did not go as low as needed. Yes I correctly torqued everything :)

Silly Mopar and their nutserts... After chiseling bed liner out with a steak knife (the right tool for the job for sure) they fit - however it did not take much tightening to get them to spin and not crush. Tried a couple times unsuccessfully and was going to forego them - again silly Mopar as the bolt secures a thin plastic bracket on the trail rail for ultimate mounting power - but found a trick on the webz that showed me the way to get them crushed without a nutsert tool. Got to make use of a new tap to clean up some borked threads on one of the nutserts so that was good.

I can laugh about it now... A 30 minute job that took hours.

LostInThought

Rank VI

Influencer I

Dripping Springs, Texas, United States
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Kprotected
Member #

Installed the Icom 2730A HAM radio under the passenger seat in the van and moved the GMRS radio there too. Didn't really like it under the cupholder where I installed it originally.

I used a Pro Clip mount to hold the head unit for the HAM and ran a mic extension to the cupholder for the GMRS. I haven't installed a mic holder for the HAM yet.

It's pretty incognito when the head unit and the mics are removed.

Both antennas are on Rago mounts which attach to the VanCompass ditch light brackets.

Reactions: Ubiety