Joe
Last Name
Navarrete
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRMH637
Service Branch
US Navy
Those wind turbines ruined the whole thing. Our ancestors will marvel over them and ask, what they were used for !
I enjoyed the rest of the pic's. Thanks for sharing.
Yeah. I was out by the city of Mojave and the area is just covered by them. Definately hard to take pictures in that area without them being in the picture.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
Yeah. I was out by the city of Mojave and the area is just covered by them. Definately hard to take pictures in that area without them being in the picture.
We have the same problems with east to west and back contrails streaking up our nice clear blue sky's. We also have an area several miles long with those massive eye sours right in prime farm land. Ouchhhhh

Reactions: Ubiety

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
Finished up the air compressor install today. Received the 90 deg fitting earlier in the week and the boy and I wired it up today. Works well and am excited to use it. Also ordered a set of Staun deflators that should be here tomorrow (thanks @Ties for the reminder!)

New thermostat into the J200 next.

Wiring not yet installed in these pics, but you get the idea.
D22C7546-BE0D-4C20-A78D-E4A0620E2E0D.jpeg8A340913-325D-4BD1-B41C-49EAFE038EAD.jpeg

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
Finished up the J200's thermostat today. Putting it back together was easy peasy and the boy did it himself. No leaks - no RTV! Getting the housing off took a while as everything was corroded / RTV'ed in there real well. Took it slowly and carefully and used lots of PB Blaster. Ordered the wrong gasket so we got to practice our gasket making skills as well. Took the time to really clean up the mating surfaces and flattened out the removed piece with emory paper on the garage floor. Much better than before!

T. Stanley

Rocky Mountain Region Member Rep Kansas
Launch Member

Member III

Clay Center, Kansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Next project, I pulled my spare tire out from under my truck to verify it’s condition. I’m glad I checked now instead of when/if I have a problem. I was missing the hook part of the pole assembly that unwinds the spare from under the truck. So doing what any good backwoods man would do, I ”borrowed” a hood prop off of an old Ford ranger truck and some vise grips and unwound the spare tire. Then wound the assy back up because my spare will be getting relocated for more ground clearance.
I’m glad I checked it, it isn’t going to pass I will have to order another stock aluminum rim as a spare wheel.
FA101F80-EEF1-4B9D-8D60-55B153C6999E.jpeg

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
Next project, I pulled my spare tire out from under my truck to verify it’s condition. I’m glad I checked now instead of when/if I have a problem. I was missing the hook part of the pole assembly that unwinds the spare from under the truck. So doing what any good backwoods man would do, I ”borrowed” a hood prop off of an old Ford ranger truck and some vise grips and unwound the spare tire. Then wound the assy back up because my spare will be getting relocated for more ground clearance.
I’m glad I checked it, it isn’t going to pass I will have to order another stock aluminum rim as a spare wheel.
View attachment 182086
Nothing like having a new year surprise.
Glad you checked on it !

Reactions: Ubiety