Investor

Advocate I

San Benito County, CA, USA
First Name
James
Last Name
Madison
Member #

Today im going to try to "unf%$k" the emissisons lines and routing. Unfortunately many of the factory emissions parts are MIA from the previous owners.

What are you missing? With aftermarket HEI and headers (no smog tubes), it looks like smog, at least to the California level, is not a concern. What do you need? I have quite a few oddball AMC V8 emissions parts laying around and 76 and 78 TSMs if you need to have something looked up. Send me a message if there is anything I can help you with.

In process converting a 76 360 to Howell throttle body injection, which greatly simplifies the number of smog devices required. If you do not need emissions testing, there is a company that has a throttle body kit with HEI distributer and timing control for about $1000 bucks. A heck of a deal for the capability. With the Howell, there is no timing control. I guess I paid premium for the golden California compliance sticker.

Sent from my SM-G892A

Reactions: Downs

BryceDP

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Burbank, CA
First Name
Bryce
Last Name
Drobny
Member #

You just cant beat the looks of one of these things (the whole rig) I love the green color. Super nice rig my OB friend !

Is this a swing out kit you added to an aftermarket steel bumper yourself. If so where did you get it.
It is a kit from summit cruisers. Added to the original steel crossmember.

Downs

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Hunt County Texas
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Downs
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6RBI / WQYH678
Service Branch
USMC 03-16, FIRE/EMS
I got my TSMs. The heat riser for my carb choke is broken at the base on one of the lines. I can't find this part new so am looking at just epoxying or brazing the tube back together. I've also thought about just converting to a manual choke.

Reactions: Ubiety

Joey83

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Sandnes, Norway
First Name
Joachim
Last Name
Sandven
Member #

Mine hit 250000 km today (150000 miles) kinda proud of my little car :)

The pic was taken at 5:53 am and it's 8:52 pm at the time I'm posting this.

122143196_3163013047158368_8451537233530924225_o.jpg

JimBill

Rank V
Investor

Advocate I

San Benito County, CA, USA
First Name
James
Last Name
Madison
Member #

I got my TSMs. The heat riser for my carb choke is broken at the base on one of the lines. I can't find this part new so am looking at just epoxying or brazing the tube back together. I've also thought about just converting to a manual choke.
2100/2150 2 bbl or 4350 4bbl? Which of the two tubes? Sounds like the tube that goes to the choke housing providing heat to it. Plate and manifold loop tube good? I seriously do have a lot of oddball AMC V8 parts. 2bbl choke heat tubes are sitting on a cookie sheet tray in my shop with other crap just taken off for the slow motion Howell project. The 4 bbl ones are sitting on the manifold next to my garage door (It's too heavy for me to want to move it anytime soon, I may just dig a hole and push it in). So let me know!!

Steward I

Nisku, Alberta, Canada
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Westfall
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
RamRunner78
Installed a new fuel injector, 2 new ruthenium hx spark plugs and a new blue streak coil in hole #3, reset all engine values and hope for the best. I’m hoping it’s not the lifters starting to take out the cam shaft, damn hemi problem. Picking up a tuner this afternoon to shut off the mds system too. Figured while it was in the shop might aswell wash her and finally install the axe and shovel holder too.

Attachments

Last edited:

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
Got two M.O.R.E. Hide-a-steps installed, on front driver and pax sides. First took a couple hours to install, the second 30 minutes... Pull the entire rock rail and support it on jack stands nearly in place to allow the step base to be weaseled in.

What a mess under there!
1603625186915.jpeg

Downs

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Hunt County Texas
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Downs
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6RBI / WQYH678
Service Branch
USMC 03-16, FIRE/EMS
2100/2150 2 bbl or 4350 4bbl? Which of the two tubes? Sounds like the tube that goes to the choke housing providing heat to it. Plate and manifold loop tube good? I seriously do have a lot of oddball AMC V8 parts. 2bbl choke heat tubes are sitting on a cookie sheet tray in my shop with other crap just taken off for the slow motion Howell project. The 4 bbl ones are sitting on the manifold next to my garage door (It's too heavy for me to want to move it anytime soon, I may just dig a hole and push it in). So let me know!!
2bbl carb. Yeah it's two tubes. One goes to the carb choke assembly piece on the side and i forget where the other goes right now. But it's a single unit. They both go to a plate bolted to the intake manifold and they both look like they were attached to it at one time. I'll try to get a photo and post it up.

Sparksalot

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Bastrop County, TX, USA
First Name
Rex
Last Name
Drake
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5GH
Service Branch
Air Force
Got the tub the rest of the way painted. It's not the greatest. Its a "100 foot" paint job. I tried my hand at bondo for the first time.....you can tell

Looks better than the red Jeep that rolled off of Black Bear pass recently.

Jaytperry89

Rank VII
Launch Member

Trail Blazer III

Idaho Falls, ID, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Perry
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Spent some time tweaking my rack setup today. Every time I set up my tent I have a hard time walking around. Specifically on the traction boards side. Since I had them flush with the bedrails it made it impossible to walk around. So I added some super strut near the top of my rack. I think other than different mounting hardware it will work great. I also had another member come over to help me put it all back on the truck. @Jonathan01 thank you for your help bud!

Attachments