Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
Keeping in practice. Performed a "trail repair" in the gravel parking lot at work for a fellow employee. I drove the WJ and have basic self recovery "stuff" on board, so I plugged and filled tire so he can make the commute home.
You done goooooood my man !

GEARS

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Cincinnati
First Name
Mr
Last Name
Fabulous
Member #

I did Rav4 maintenance for my wife today. The rear springs were replaced with OEM toyota pats but the shocks got upgraded to Bilstein. All the rubber parts and the sway bar end link bushings got replaced too. You can see the lower isolator was worn though before 70,000 miles. I hit all the rusty seams with a wire brush and sprayed with rust converter before reassembly. I have the struts and springs for the front but that will require an alignment. She will have to wait until the lung pao panic is over to get that done.

Attachments

JimBill

Rank V
Investor

Advocate I

San Benito County, CA, USA
First Name
James
Last Name
Madison
Member #

Upgraded lighting. 4x4 Fabworks brackets and KC C-3 amber cube spots. Intent is for a fog lights on steroids, for help in dust, fog, rain, snow. Set the beam position between fog and driving per the KC directions, with intense light contained mostly within the low beam.

Fitment.jpg

Finished.jpg

All on.jpg

Light Pattern.jpg

Last edited:

USStrongman

Rank V

Influencer II

Lubbock, TX, USA
First Name
Bryan
Last Name
Hildebrand
Member #

Pulled the roof rack off. Have a vibration that I'm pretty certain came from a poor weld on my part when I added a plate on the rear of the platform. Replacing the Quick FIst clamps, pre-wiring for 4 new 4" KC LZR LED's. Cleaning up some rusting areas on one of the clamps. In other words, some good old fashioned fun on a war, windy Easter afternoon.