Livermore, California
First Name
Eddy
Last Name
Louis
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO6BOH
Is that a side fold out one? It looks like a good use of space!
Yes, it opens to the passenger side only. I have an ARB awning that I'm going to mount on the driver side. It's the iKamper Skycamp Mini 2.0 and it'll sleep 2 adults and a dog- perfect for my application! The full-size Skycamp would be too much for a 2-door JK. With the Mini, I still have room to mount extra gas or traction boards in front of it. This is last year's model, as the 3.0 is out now, but there's not a dramatic difference in upgrades, so I figured I would take the $900 savings. I considered the Tuff Stuff Alpha 2 (which is also on sale), but in the end, I just bit the bullet and went iKamper. No one can dispute their quality.

Reactions: Shahn

Rubicajon

Rank VI
Launch Member

Creator III

Panama City Beach, FL, USA
First Name
RUBI
Last Name
CAJON
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG5VLS
Service Branch
Seabee’s
First pic was 34x10.50 bfg mud terrain. Technically it has 0 inch of lift. With that said I did put jku rubicon front springs in the front and I believe they are 19s and I have 56s in the rear now and a new set of jku rubicon 60s to install this weekend.

I did the usual spacers for the wheels and did not cut the body but hammered the seam over flat. The only rub is on the front passenger side at full lock.

Reactions: Shahn and AggieOE

AggieOE

Rank IV

Advocate II

Pearland, Texas, USA
First Name
Nathan
Last Name
NWK
Member #

Finally put on the 37s
Always good to see what's capable without going crazy high on lift. Nice work! Still looks subtle and clean.

After a four month wait, the T4R finally got its new rear bumper. The departure angle has increased significantly.
That looks great! Is it custom? Love the low-profile look.

Reactions: Rubicajon

Ocean_Ranger

Rank VII

Pathfinder I

Santa Barbara, CA, USA
First Name
Sean
Last Name
Pickton
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N6SRP (GMRS WROQ518)
Finally put on the 37s
Always good to see what's capable without going crazy high on lift. Nice work! Still looks subtle and clean.

After a four month wait, the T4R finally got its new rear bumper. The departure angle has increased significantly.
That looks great! Is it custom? Love the low-profile look.
The low-profile look is what pulled me in. It is not custom, Nguyen Works is the name of the company. The departure angle on my rig increased from 27 degrees to almost 40 degrees.

Reactions: Shahn and AggieOE

Call_me_Tom

Rank III

Enthusiast II

San Joaquin County, California, United States
First Name
Tom
Last Name
K9er
Member #

Service Branch
USMC Ret
I finally had some time to get this RTT installed on the Jeep. I did the install alone and it was not easy! Can't wait to get into the wild to try it out!View attachment 255702
It took me and my two teenage sons to lift my RTT into place, I’ve no idea how you did it. One thing is for sure, after all of the effort of getting it mounted I’m not taking it off.

• Haha
Reactions: Shahn and SVgarage

CR-Venturer

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Ardrossan, AB, Canada
First Name
Jas
Last Name
Spr
Member #

First, took the rig for a little explore yesterday of a section (160 acres) of crown land near my house, and found an epic little camp spot.
IMG_20230422_163229.jpg
IMG_20230422_163215.jpg
IMG_20230422_171535.jpg

Then today, I installed the new Fire Ring cable I got for my CB radio setup. WAY better with the low profile mount, and the SWR is perfect across the board! 1.5 on channels 1 and 40 and 1 on 19. I am very stoked.
IMG_20230423_134653.jpg
IMG_20230423_134702.jpg

slowlane

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Wisconsin USA
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Bender
Did a little maintenance on the '66 VW in preparation for my trip to Kansas in a week. Adjusted the valves, filed and gapped the points, cleaned the contacts in the distributor cap, and adjusted the timing. Still need to change the oil and set up the sleeping platform and it should be good to go.

Distributor apart to clean and adjust points and clean contacts on cap and rotor.

Setting the timing with a test light. The timing on these engines (well with stock parts anyway) is set statically. Turn the engine until the 10 degree BTDC mark on the crank pulley lines up with the case seam, then turn the distributor until the points just open (test light illuminates), then tighten distributor clamp and test rotate a couple times to make sure the adjustment is holding.

Valve cover removed. Turn each cylinder to TDC and adjust valves to .006".

SVgarage

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Livermore, California
First Name
Eddy
Last Name
Louis
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO6BOH
It took me and my two teenage sons to lift my RTT into place, I’ve no idea how you did it. One thing is for sure, after all of the effort of getting it mounted I’m not taking it off.
I had to use my hard top hoist that was already mounted in the garage. I let the strings and straps out as long as they could go in order to lift the tent from the garage floor, but then I found that the line would only let me raise the tent about 4 feet off the ground, so I had to rest it on my BD Workmate and reset the straps again! That was just enough to get it high enough to drive the Jeep under it. It was a project indeed!

JaredThomsen

Rank VI

Member III

Concord, Contra Costa County, California, United States
First Name
Jared
Last Name
Thomsen
Member #

After getting my rig almost a year ago I finally took the hardtop off my JKR today for the first time - and I’m digging it! Bimini top coming in tomorrow to help provide a little sun protection.

Attachments