Caldwell, ID, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McGahuey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRMV941
I have these same boxes. I love these things they are the perfect size..
Yup! I have 4 68qt boxes, and two 54qt boxes.

I used to ratchet strap them to the rack, but wanted to try them bolted down. I figure I'll put stuff I don't need to access regularly up there.

Chain saw, tools, shower, etc.

Jim SoG

Forums Manager
Staff member
Investor

Educator I

Reno, Nevada, United States
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Bro
Member #

Service Branch
USAF DAV
I did the diode/AGM battery mod on the Sequoia. Bought the 31AGM battery, diodes, bunch of battery cable parts to extend my cables (cable, crimp splices etc). Trimmed my battery tray to accept the larger battery, extended my cables, trimmed the heck out of the diode and replaced my ALT S fuse with the diode, all worked great. Alt now putting out more and I got tons of battery to spare......

Here is a video on what I did (This is on diff Toyota):
Jim

Reactions: roots66 and Shahn

CR-Venturer

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Ardrossan, AB, Canada
First Name
Jas
Last Name
Spr
Member #

No, the AT3W we just installed are awesome. 235/65/17. The largest that can be installed is 245s. Not worth spending money on and having to do trimming etc. I don't have to do anything with the 235s.
At least they're proper quality AT tires. 65 is a fairly low profile, so I was more concerned about the lack of sidewall than the overall diameter. I would be concerned about flats, but being good AT tires should help for sure.

Enthusiast III

Grand Falls-Windsor, NL, Canada
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Adams
It's got the Rough country 2" lift.
Same as I put on the Pat. I have a warranty claim gone in, both front struts (rough Country N3) bang loudly when fully extended. It's brutal. If it did not do that, I would give it 10/10. The ride, handling, off road feel are much improved, but the loud bang when extended take all that away.

Reactions: Red_Leaf_Overland

Advocate I

Owen Sound, Ontario, Canada
First Name
James
Last Name
Girard
Member #

Same as I put on the Pat. I have a warranty claim gone in, both front struts (rough Country N3) bang loudly when fully extended. It's brutal. If it did not do that, I would give it 10/10. The ride, handling, off road feel are much improved, but the loud bang when extended take all that away.
Mine was all spacers and kept factory parts. Spacer above the front and rear struts, the whole rear subframe, rear control arms, evap canister, brake lines and some small drop spacers for the exhaust. Also had to trim the skid plate a bit for clearance because it's a trailhawk, but it was about 1/8" to 1/4" of the lip of it.

PCO6

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Newmarket, Ontario
First Name
Stew
Last Name
Beatty
Member #

I'm a bit closer to finishing the paint on my '04 LJ. The front is done and the rear is close behind. I have some metal work to do and then paint. I have a lot of other things to do but it will be back on the road soon. It's all fun! :smiley:

22-08-29 4.JPG22-08-29 7.JPG

Reactions: Shahn and roots66

kunstmilch

Rank V

Advocate II

Pomona, CA, USA
First Name
Erich
Last Name
Wise
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS call sign: WRFL229
Discovered some rust today, at only 10 years old its very frustrating, especially when you know that it could easily have been avoided by the manufacturer...

View attachment 239683

View attachment 239684
Ugh…im sorry that really sucks. Rust is always frustrating, especially as you said when it really could have been prevented. What is your plan here?

Reactions: MazeVX and DaleRF