Rank VI

Influencer I

Pflugerville, TX, USA
First Name
Jon
Last Name
West
Member #

Did you change out your frame also yours looks like the m101a2 really good trailer for slightly lifted trucks
Thanks. Still the original frame from 1968. I've only upgraded the axle and trailer lights. Everything else, including pintle hitch, is all original. I believe you are correct that it's a M101A2. I love it. What plans do you have for yours?

Reactions: DaleRF

OTH Overland

Local Expert Washington, USA
Investor

Trail Blazer III

Camano Island, WA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Ballard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N7XQP
Service Branch
Fire/EMS/SAR
Name and compass decals and grab handles.
View attachment 233148 View attachment 233149
Must be JK lettering week, just added name to our 2013 (did not want to lose the Rubicon off the hood, so placed it in the space below rear side windows. Also added Ham Call # to rear window and a couple of OB stickers. I like the Flag hood latches, where did you find those, we have a grayed out flag theme on the Jeep that those would work well. Replaced the factory rubber bands with some from Daystar, they definalty stop the hood flutter, but take three gorillas to fasten them the bands are so stiff..lol

Reactions: Shahn

JeepingMike

Rank V

Advocate II

Greencastle, PA, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Stern
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KB7THL
Service Branch
USN Corpsman Veteran
Must be JK lettering week, just added name to our 2013 (did not want to lose the Rubicon off the hood, so placed it in the space below rear side windows. Also added Ham Call # to rear window and a couple of OB stickers. I like the Flag hood latches, where did you find those, we have a grayed out flag theme on the Jeep that those would work well. Replaced the factory rubber bands with some from Daystar, they definalty stop the hood flutter, but take three gorillas to fasten them the bands are so stiff..lol
"Xprite Aluminum Hood Latches with U.S. Flag" from Amazon.

OTH Overland

Local Expert Washington, USA
Investor

Trail Blazer III

Camano Island, WA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Ballard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N7XQP
Service Branch
Fire/EMS/SAR
It’ll become overland ready over time. I have to figure what I want to do on it first. Move everything over or do it differently.
Thinking blank slate - a chance for redemption to improve on those little things that ended up quirky or just do not get used like you thought you would. Been building our new to us 2013 Jk for a few months, and learned so much on the WJ over the years we have found what works best, and quality of work has improved in the years...lol besides we don't have the option of moving things over as #1 we are keeping them both, and #2 different platforms. Look forward to seeing what you come up with, have gotten a few ideas from you posts on the copcar.