Mid-Missouri, MO, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Zimmer
Member #

Service Branch
USN (ret)
Agreed, I just don't want the weight on my front end like that. But Looks great on that Xterra!
I can handle the weight, just not the price tag...ahahahahahaha. I just ordered a Westin HDX without the bumper part and will make my own. Took 3 months to make that decision. I just could not justify a $300 1.25" die for a tube bender just to fold up 2 tubes around the headlight. So I bought the hard part. LOL
Zim

SJ.Overland

Rank VII

Trail Blazer I

Beavercreek, OH, USA
First Name
Shaun
Last Name
Johannes
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE8TDZ
I can handle the weight, just not the price tag...ahahahahahaha. I just ordered a Westin HDX without the bumper part and will make my own. Took 3 months to make that decision. I just could not justify a $300 1.25" die for a tube bender just to fold up 2 tubes around the headlight. So I bought the hard part. LOL
Zim
I totally get it haha. I myself am about to order a Southern Style Offroad tube bumper, no protection cage above the Grille, but only adds ~60-70lbs. I don't believe I'll get the light bar cutout, I'm more of a fan of the Light Pod/Bulb housing look.

1644256169030.png
1644256185810.png
1644256202937.png

North American Sojourner

Rank VI

Influencer I

Mid-Missouri, MO, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Zimmer
Member #

Service Branch
USN (ret)
I totally get it haha. I myself am about to order a Southern Style Offroad tube bumper, no protection cage above the Grille, but only adds ~60-70lbs. I don't believe I'll get the light bar cutout, I'm more of a fan of the Light Pod/Bulb housing look.

View attachment 222511
View attachment 222512
View attachment 222513
Nice pics. I have passed on buying (another) tube bender. I'm 65 and don't have many bends left in my life...lmao. I like that Southern style. Simple, effective and cool. I could bend 2 of those up a day and make some money but that's a lot of work and I'm ready to see more country.
Can't wait to get back to work. This cold is rough. Mocked up a radio console today. Final will be Wed. Got some doctor stuff tomorrow. Take care, be safe
Zim

YoKramer

Rank IV

Influencer II

Concord NC
Member #

Ran some forest service roads through Linville gorge (about 20 miles). Some pretty good weather-ruts and mud.
Came across a jeep parade . Pulled over to allow around 25 go by.

Do you have some tracks or good locations out that way? We did a small drive up there and hit the usual spots and ended up on a FSR off of Maple Grove Church Road but would love some more places up that way for an overnight or 3.

danwyandt

Rank VII
Investor

Trail Mechanic III

Burnsville, NC, USA
First Name
Daniel
Last Name
Wyandt
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRTJ513
Don't have any tracks yet, but this Lat, Lon, 36.00053, -81.87585 is the beginning of a 9+ mile FSR. At the end make a left. Go about 1500 ft on blacktop, make a left on FSR Roseburg Edgemont. Goes another 5 miles.
Some of the spur roads off of these are closed till April 15.
There are several campsites along both roads.
Near the end of the Roseburg trail, just before the bridge is a dirt road to the right. Roseburg Gragg, 4 miles, very narrow with a lot of obstacles. Nothing a mild lift and good tires can't handle.

That drops you out near 221 crossnore area.

Hope that gives you a good start.

-Dan

Last edited: