Rank 0
Launch Member

Contributor III

Blue Springs, MO, USA
First Name
Adam
Last Name
G
Saturday I took mine for an alignment. Everything is good. So I am ordering more parts... death wobble is fun!
Did you recently install wheels and tires? Out of balance will cause the wobbles, suspension components not torqued to specs, stock star washers that hold the rotors on will also cause the wobbles. I had new tires installed and I got the wobbles really bad. Took it to another store and found out the 1st one did a terrible job of balancing the new tires. Cleared it right up.
I know what it is (maybe), caster angle, too short of shocks and too short of sway bar links. I am waiting, 5 days now, for LCA relocation brackets, longer shocks and sway bar links to arrive. I have already eliminated the usual suspects, unit bearings, suspension links etc.

If that doesnt work I will be buying adjustable ball joints. Thus far I feel the JKU is way more susceptible to 'issues' than other jeeps I have owned.

RoarinRow

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS
Took my rig to the shop. ABS and brake light went on a couple of days ago. Dealer say it has intermittent issues pointing to ECBM sensor ($$$).

Reactions: Broke

MWallace

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger II

Hamilton, Ohio, USA
First Name
Marcus
Last Name
Wallace
Member #

Service Branch
USMC Veteran
@Brett L. This is why I asked about the trim piece haha
View attachment 156505
This was from one of those cheap oil car scents that clip into your vents.... apparently if it leaks it will eat/melt your shit :frowning:
Thanks for posting this. My wife uses those and now they are going to the trash.

Reactions: Broke and Kilo_17

peeeeetey

Rank IV
Launch Member

Member II

Harrisburg, NC, USA
First Name
Pete
Last Name
Meuser
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WREL270
New Bilstein 5100's and got scene lights for the rear just how to mount them? 5100's ride great. Took them for a ride this weekend and are a lot better than the won out shocks that I had. Did a 1" key lift on the front.

oldmopars

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Selah Wa
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Solomon
Member #

Well, I didn't do it all today, but finished a bunch of it up yesterday and Today.
Installed my hidden winch in the bumper, well behind it.
Added a step to get in and out. This will be removed on the trail.
I also hung an Army duffel bag on the back as a budget "Trasheroo"
I needed an Awning and could not find one that I liked that would arrive in time, so I made my own. Sorry, no pictures of it deployed. It is 8ft x 10ft.

Today I also finished packing for out WABDR trip in the morning. WooHoo!

Attachments

RoarinRow

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS
Well, I didn't do it all today, but finished a bunch of it up yesterday and Today.
Installed my hidden winch in the bumper, well behind it.
Added a step to get in and out. This will be removed on the trail.
I also hung an Army duffel bag on the back as a budget "Trasheroo"
I needed an Awning and could not find one that I liked that would arrive in time, so I made my own. Sorry, no pictures of it deployed. It is 8ft x 10ft.

Today I also finished packing for out WABDR trip in the morning. WooHoo!
Very cool hidden winch (and everything else).

Reactions: Broke

RoarinRow

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS
Picked up a used bed slide. Apparently it came out if a 2005 F150. So I needed to do some mild mods to get it to fit into my new to me 2016 Rebel. And I installed a level in the front a week agoView attachment 158593
Those BedSlides work great! No more crawling the bed of the truck especially with a tonnau cover.

Reactions: Mekcanix

ChambersFamily

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

North Plains, OR, USA
First Name
Marshall
Last Name
Chambers
Member #

Our fridge let go on Friday, so had to find a fridge in stock somewhere that suited our needs, and they they’d let me take home in my truck... that was shockingly hard to find. It BARELY fit under the rack! Once I got that unloaded and setup, went out and laid some tracks with the kids looking for some good spots closer to home...

Attachments

Downs

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Hunt County Texas
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Downs
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6RBI / WQYH678
Service Branch
USMC 03-16, FIRE/EMS
Cowl intake mod using the stock airbox. Keeps the exterior stock looking and even underhood it doesn't look out of place. Drops IATs to about 10 degrees over ambient at speed and moves the intake from behind the headlight to the base of the windshield. All of my XJs but my first one have had this modification done.

20200614_093108.jpg

RoarinRow

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS
one of our work trucks threw a C0265 code, EBCM. checked the wiring and found a pinched wire. maybe worth checking wires and all the connections

pretty colorful!
any "enhancements" or all stock?

nice cheap mod...i like it

my "special" parts showed up today. how do i know their special? cause the boxes says so...lol
View attachment 158664
and for everyone that thinks stock is the be all to end all, check out these non-stock parts....pretty much puts the factory stuff to shame. should have put these in yrs ago, more robust, waaay more reliable, tougher to break, waaay less likely to leave me screwed on the mountain again....
check out the idler, Moog unit, a beam arm, much bigger joints, and a much better frame mount.....stock more reliable?.......ya, sure...
even the Detroit Axle cv is 5/64 bigger than the ac delco...and no tone ring in the way, my truck don't need it.
View attachment 158666View attachment 158665
Thanks for the tip! I'll definitely have them check it out a pinched wire if it continues to be a problem.

Big difference in the aftermarket parts. Def. more hef to them!