Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Lodi, CA, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
M
Member #

Installed a Smittybilt XRC 10k winch on the 4th Gen Runner, finally! Had the CBI bumper installed since 2015. The control box didn't fit on the top mounts of the winch due to the height of the bumper so I had to modify it by welding a piece of flatbar to the bumper next to the winch and mouting the control box to the flat bar. Also, upgraded to a Factor 55 Pro Link & 1.5" fairlead.

Attachments

RoarinRow

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS
Installed this seat post mount for my iPad. It came with an optional vibration clamp to mount but I don’t have anything that it can attach to, at least not easily. So I will expect some vibration. We’ll cross that bridge when we get there.

2B02FC2E-C669-47C1-B4B6-FB15E30F9035.jpeg

Kilo_17

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Sedro-Woolley, WA, USA
First Name
Miles
Last Name
Bergevin
Member #

Well, in waiting for my BL to arrive I found the limits of flex with my new wheels and tire setup...

Had to remove my rear fender flares due to the metal "tab" on the inside getting caught up
20200608_185702.jpg
20200608_185714.jpg
That hole had a plastic screw tab that was bent more allowing the screw to point towards the tire( same exact spot on pass side too )

Reactions: Broke and RoarinRow

Graeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Catalina Avenue, Tucson, AZ, USA
First Name
Todd
Last Name
Hoffmaster
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7CRJ
Service Branch
Air Force
Saturday I took mine for an alignment. Everything is good. So I am ordering more parts... death wobble is fun!
Did you recently install wheels and tires? Out of balance will cause the wobbles, suspension components not torqued to specs, stock star washers that hold the rotors on will also cause the wobbles. I had new tires installed and I got the wobbles really bad. Took it to another store and found out the 1st one did a terrible job of balancing the new tires. Cleared it right up.

Reactions: Broke

Graeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Todd
Last Name
Hoffmaster
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7CRJ
Service Branch
Air Force
Today after work I finished up with my Reflectix heat barrier installation on the JK. We doubled up on the layers for the rooftop and this weekend we will be laying it on the floorboards to get rid of the AZ summer road heat, as well. Total cost including the spray can of 3M commercial grade adhesive - $39 at Home Depot.

Attachments

Graeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Todd
Last Name
Hoffmaster
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7CRJ
Service Branch
Air Force
Today after work I finished up with my Reflectix heat barrier installation on the JK. We doubled up on the layers for the rooftop and this weekend we will be laying it on the floorboards to get rid of the AZ summer road heat, as well. Total cost including the spray can of 3M commercial grade adhesive - $39 at Home Depot.
Now to clean up the excess spray that I just noticed in the rear section and it is done.

Trad77

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Lander, WY, USA
First Name
Travis
Last Name
Hoard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W0MUD

Remington_Johnson

Rank III
Launch Member

Member III

Arizona, USA
First Name
Remington
Last Name
Johnson
Member #

I used to have a 92' full size Blazer just like this one. Seeing these pictures makes me miss it. haha. Good lookin' rig! Nice work.
Thanks man. Yeah I have a love/hate relationship with this Tahoe. But that’s any rig you build. Haha. Plus I feel it’s a unique look in the overland community. Don’t see too many.