Launch Member

Contributor III

Sedro-Woolley, WA, USA
First Name
Miles
Last Name
Bergevin
Member #

That's asinine that he didn't wait there or anything to tie in with you for some form of compensation.

I got called out a couple times on recovery missions in the guard where the guys stuck or broke down were rude or treating me and my co-driver like shit. So we would pack our shit an drive off telling them to call another wrecker to help... knowing we were the only ones out there lol

Reactions: WJ - Firefly

RoarinRow

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS
Did some electrical work again today gitz gitz! Relocated / rerouted wires, cleaned up cabling, etc.

Gadgets connected to 100amp solar battery and wireless remote in and around camper shell:
- camper shell LED security lights x4
- underbody LED lights x6
- rear LED trail lights x4
- 1000W inverter
- small fan
- LED light and LED strip light
- USB hub for other electronics
- EMP Shield protection
- 100W solar panel and 30amp charge controller
- Bluetooth battery meter

Gadgets connected to Yellow Top auxiliary battery:
- 20" LED light bar
- 3" LED pod lights x2
- battery isolator
- battery voltage meter, hard-wired

Gadgets connected to Red Top main battery:
- CB radio
- GMRS radio
- truck radio and all internal gadgets using 12v cig lighter
- EMP Shield protection
- battery isolator

Whew, been wanted to complete this for some time...

DaleRF

Rank VII
Investor

Pioneer II

Sierra Vista Southeast, AZ, USA
First Name
DALE
Last Name
FOLLETTE
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7JDA
Service Branch
US Army CWO (Ret)
Did some electrical work again today gitz gitz! Relocated / rerouted wires, cleaned up cabling, etc.

Gadgets connected to 100amp solar battery and wireless remote in and around camper shell:
- camper shell LED security lights x4
- underbody LED lights x6
- rear LED trail lights x4
- 1000W inverter
- small fan
- LED light and LED strip light
- USB hub for other electronics
- EMP Shield protection
- 100W solar panel and 30amp charge controller

Gadgets connected to Yellow Top auxiliary battery:
- 20" LED light bar
- 3" LED pod lights x2
- battery isolator
- battery voltage meter, hard-wired

Gadgets connected to Red Top main battery:
- CB radio
- GMRS radio
- truck radio and all internal gadgets using 12v cig lighter
- EMP Shield protection
- battery isolator

Whew, been wanted to complete this for some time...
That's a nice list!

Reactions: Broke and RoarinRow

Trail_pilot

Rank III

Enthusiast III

First Name
James
Last Name
Girard
Well. I swapped in some poly motor mounts because the trans is hard mounted to the cross member and I needed a more solid engine mount. Turns out the AC pump is installed after the engine is dropped in at the factory and the bolt needed to be cut in half to come out. Pain in the ass to do on a hot day in the driveway with no help.

DaleRF

Rank VII
Investor

Pioneer II

Sierra Vista Southeast, AZ, USA
First Name
DALE
Last Name
FOLLETTE
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7JDA
Service Branch
US Army CWO (Ret)
Well. I swapped in some poly motor mounts because the trans is hard mounted to the cross member and I needed a more solid engine mount. Turns out the AC pump is installed after the engine is dropped in at the factory and the bolt needed to be cut in half to come out. Pain in the ass to do on a hot day in the driveway with no help.
You've got to hand it to those engineers, tricky designs, eh!?! WoW.

Trail_pilot

Rank III

Enthusiast III

First Name
James
Last Name
Girard
You've got to hand it to those engineers, tricky designs, eh!?! WoW.
yep! I barely fit my arm in with a cut off wheel on a 1/4" die grinder and had to keep stopping to spin the bolt because I couldn't angle the grinder.... made for a long afternoon.

Reactions: Broke

T4R707

Rank I

Contributor III

Mendocino County, CA, USA
First Name
Chandler
Last Name
C-Word
Took my boy and a buddy, mobbed up to Hull Mtn in MNF. Mellow lil trail with some steepness at the summit. Anyone take this M1 route?? Great run! Total mileage was around 150 rnd trip. Went from about 1500’ to 6800 in about 3.5 hrs, Snagged a bass at Pillsbury, my boy had a blast! Awesome day despite “political-19” or whatever they call it.

JimBill

Rank V
Investor

Advocate I

San Benito County, CA, USA
First Name
James
Last Name
Madison
Member #

Played around in Los Padres National Forest and Big Sur today. We drove the WJ, and were joined by a friend in a newish to him Xterra. We visited the Indians, headed over the coastal mountains , drove Old Coast Road with a stop in the redwoods for lunch, then headed up Hwy 1 and stopped for a snack at the Warf in Monterey.

Road closures update: Indians area behind Hunter Ligget was wide open, but crowded. Naciamento-Fergusson Road was open, with lots of folks camping on the East Side. West side was posted no camping. At the ytop of the moubtain Coast Ridge Roads north and south were gated closed and guarded by a ranger, so no back country 4x4. Old Coast Road was supposedly posted as closed to thu traffic, but nothing stopped us going South to North. At Bixby Bridge, Old Coast Road has cones and barricades, but we were able to drive between cones and pull on to Hwy 1.

P_20200524_121040.jpg

P_20200524_144452.jpg

Last edited: