Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
finished my platform/drawer slides for the tundra. now i can store stuff and throw a mattress in there for some boondocking without the camp trailer

View attachment 143342
WOW, you did an awesome build. Will you carry your cooler and dry goods in the
cab ? I have the skill, I have the knowledge, I lack the ability and strength to do something like this and it irks me to no end. Good job Grub. :grinning:

sourabhtyagi

Rank 0

Contributor I

india
First Name
sourabh
Last Name
tyagi
Member #

Those wheels are perfect for those tires. Are they new too ? What tire did you end up buying, it looks sharp.

J.W.

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Cincinnati
First Name
J
Last Name
W
Member #

Looks good and easy access! I'm thinking of changing locations for mine.
Thanks man. The shovel i have is a small one and I’m Tempted to mount it to the inside of the lift-gate but this will do for now. At least this way, I won’t put a muddy shovel inside the truck ;)

Reactions: JCWages

grubworm

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

louisiana
First Name
grub
Last Name
worm
Member #

Service Branch
USN-Submarines
WOW, you did an awesome build. Will you carry your cooler and dry goods in the
cab ? I have the skill, I have the knowledge, I lack the ability and strength to do something like this and it irks me to no end. Good job Grub. :grinning:
thanks. this was pretty easy to slap together, i just hated shelling out $500 for the 60 inch metal slides, but after spending time and money trying to make my own slides with roller skate bearings, the factory slides are worth it. yeah, we are keeping clothes and a cooler in the back seat and i'm putting a small LP tank and a few items up on the roof rack.
i made a set of these drawers a couple months ago without the slides and was able to load a LOT of stuff in them. without the slides, the drawers were way too heavy for the wife to lift and try to slide out with wood on wood, so i redid them a hair taller and with the slides. stove, canned goods and camp stuff in the right drawer and tools and recovery gear in the left side. i'm wiring a 2nd battery now and have installed a switch box for lights, water pump, etc. lot of damn work just to have some fun! :grinning:

grubworm

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

louisiana
First Name
grub
Last Name
worm
Member #

Service Branch
USN-Submarines
Looks good and easy access! I'm thinking of changing locations for mine.
These aren't shovel mounts, but they are a pretty good mount for adding things to round bars like my cargo rack. Very well made anodized aluminium and I got 4 clamps for $20 on Amazon. Im using 2 for lights and might use one for additional mounting for my LP tank.

WAYAWAY

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

San Diego, CA
First Name
Joe
Last Name
P
Member #

About 3 months ago i lost my front vanity plate (it's probably somewhere on the Bradshaw Trail).. last week I got the replacement. I decided to give silicone license plate frames a shot.

They are supposed to stop any rattle and protect you from the sharp ass edges of the stamped aluminum.

20200307_095657.jpg

20200307_093131.jpg

J.W.

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Cincinnati
First Name
J
Last Name
W
Member #

These aren't shovel mounts, but they are a pretty good mount for adding things to round bars like my cargo rack. Very well made anodized aluminium and I got 4 clamps for $20 on Amazon. Im using 2 for lights and might use one for additional mounting for my LP tank.

Those are what I'm planning to use for my rack lights. Glad to read that they are well made.

JCWages

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Grass Valley, CA, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Wages
Member #

Thanks! Unfortunately my rack is all square. On the bright side I can use rivnuts!

JCWages

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Grass Valley, CA, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Wages
Member #

I wanted to protect the tailgate from dents in the event I put something heavy and bulky in the "Trasharoo". This style of trash bag is designed to be run on a spare tire so there is no padding on the backside to protect body panels. There is a tailgate specfic pad on the market but it retails for $200+. My solution was to use heavy duty fabric glue to adhere a foam kneeling pad to the back of the bag. It doesn't cover the entire back but I think it will be fine. If I find another free or cheap kneeling pad I can cut it to fill in the gaps on the side. Side note, neither Home Depot nor Michael's Arts & Crafts had any foam that would work for this application.

edit I forgot about anti-fatigue mats. One of those cut to size would work great. I also applied some clear paint protector on the tailgate. Clear PlastiDip would work well too.

The pad is 15" wide and the bag is 20" wide.
20200309_112256.jpg

20200309_190252.jpg

Last edited:

RoarinRow

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS
I wanted to protect the tailgate from dents in the event I put something heavy and bulky in the "Trasharoo". This style of trash bag is designed to be run on a spare tire so there is no padding on the backside to protect body panels. There is a tailgate specfic pad on the market but it retails for $200+. My solution was to use heavy duty fabric glue to adhere a foam kneeling pad to the back of the bag. It doesn't cover the entire back but I think it will be fine. If I find another free or cheap kneeling pad I can cut it to fill in the gaps on the side. Side note, neither Home Depot nor Michael's Arts & Crafts had any foam that would work for this application.

The pad is 15" wide and the bag is 20" wide.
View attachment 143821

View attachment 143822
Great idea!

Reactions: JCWages