Grand Rapids
First Name
Cort
Last Name
Beard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD8GQL
Installed my RCI powder coated aluminum gas tank skid which was super easy then my RAM Pod HD with tablet X grip for my 12.9” ipad for nav. I’m super excited to test this out!

I feel like my cockpit upgrades are now complete with mounting solutions for everything I own plus a couple additional ram balls open for future use. I’ll play with the power cords a bit to clean them up.

Now it’s time to get back to the overland bed/drawers.

C7F0C472-378D-4FB3-B786-A035A9DF8706.jpeg 32640535-403A-46EF-B88B-A2AACF0ED143.jpeg 086CD066-EBCC-40C3-B247-A223D2875EBB.jpeg 89D69356-A794-4BBE-AE1C-AE6EE4830EA1.jpeg

HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM
Started cleaning up the rig so I can pack it again for our next venture. Also, attached thin rubber pads to the ARB fridge slide to keep it from rattling--works great.
20180506_112509.jpg 20180506_112455.jpg

Reactions: Hafaday

Ripley1046

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Manitowoc, WI
First Name
Cory
Last Name
Ripley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD9VKY
Took our stock 2010 Outback out last Saturday on a trail ride with some new friends from MTN_ROO Wisconsin. It was a last minute get together with a bunch of people we had never met, and everybody had a great time. We were lead (and followed) by some local Jeeps who I think were impressed by what our cars could do. I got a chance to really see how capable our car is, and make some decisions on what parts to throw at it first. Skid plates for sure, closely followed by a small lift and maybe some bigger tires. This is my wife's daily, and our long haul highway car, so we can't go too nuts.

The first pic is on top of a huge rock. Unfortunately the camera doesn't show the angle or scale. The local guy Scott said it was 25-30'. It was really cool, and a great test of drivers and vehicles. Coming down was a little squirrely, but I'd do it again. After the Subie's played in the mud Doug in the 2 door Jeep proved the old adage that it's not fun until someone gets stuck. Only took 10 minutes to drain the water once we pulled him out. Next is the Jeeps flexing at a private Jeep playground. The owner was really cool, and has an awesome property. We couldn't do all the obstacles, but did manage to have plenty of fun. Where the Forester is parked was a mid chest high berm, that lead to a big dugout, and a berm on the other side. The entry was steep enough that I caught some frame rails going over it. No damage, but probably only because it was sandy and gave enough to get through. It was a hell of a good time, and our first time really testing this car off road. 3 of the 4 Subies were basically stock. The orange Crosstrek had a lift and some homemade skid plates made from a speed limit and stop sign (acquired legally after they were retired). It was awesome to see him pop over a berm or something and see the stop sign full view. The car looks so much better covered in mud. I don't have the heart to wash it off just yet!

I hope to get back to the area we were rolling soon and organize a trail cleanup. We grabbed what we could when stopped, but being with a whole new crew and not having discussed anything before hand I didn't want to stop for every trash pile and hold up the whole group. I was pretty surprised how much garbage was out there. That was the only negative about the whole day, and I will spin it into a positive by making plans to go back and make a difference. This area is only about an hour and a half from home.

IMG_6090.JPG IMG_6092.JPG IMG_6097.JPG IMG_6110.JPG IMG_6119.JPG

Flipper

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Florida
First Name
John
Last Name
F
Member #

Everything new with engine front, water pump,power steering pump, HD Bosch Alternator, new pulleys and belt, all new water hoses and hydraulic PS hoses, thermostat, trans fluid and filter, oil, air,and fuel filters, oil&lube . New Hawk HD rear brake system (front has already been done). Rear seals and syn gear oil in rear end. Bring on summer!

Last edited: