Launch Member

Influencer II

Sandnes, Norway
First Name
Joachim
Last Name
Sandven
Member #

Let's hear it ladies and gentlemen, spare no dirty details!

What modifications (if any) have you planned for your rig?

I have a travel project I'm planning, a trip to 4 cities in 4 countries in 4 weeks, should be interesting.

I would really like to visit the USA for a few weeks, meet new people, get new memories (I really need that) and maybe get a few new friends and maybe join the OTG rally if possible.

I also plan on buying a bigger/more practical daily driver/partshauler and will begin fixing my car as soon as I get a place to store and keep it dry.

Joey83

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Sandnes, Norway
First Name
Joachim
Last Name
Sandven
Member #

MA, USA?

I do want to visit the USA again, it's been to long since I lived there with my parents.

I'll PM you when I know more, but that probably won't be for almost another year.

Flying to the USA and getting a hotel/rentalcar/spending money cost alot of money.

finlayforprez

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member II

Massachusetts, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
West
Member #

MA, USA?

I do want to visit the USA again, it's been to long since I lived there with my parents.

I'll PM you when I know more, but that probably won't be for almost another year.

Flying to the USA and getting a hotel/rentalcar/spending money cost alot of money.
Massachusetts. Keep me posted, you are always welcome.

Reactions: Luis Merlo

KD7WCD

Rank VI
Founder 500
Investor

Influencer I

Tempe, AZ, USA
First Name
Jayson
Last Name
Adamsen
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD7WCD
I am working on a plan to see the full solar eclipsed of the sun in August. My dad really wants to see it as it his last opportunity and fir me I think I would be well into my 90s. We'll have to head North to catch it. Thinking of maybe Wyoming or Idaho.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using OB Talk mobile app

BCBrian

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Boulder Creek, CA
Member #

I've decided to tackle a list of first's.... 1st time to Death Valley will be in March. 1st time to Moab will be in May and on that trip I will be exploring a few Nat'l and State parks for the 1st time. I'll also be going to Las Vegas for the 1st time as I have friends that have offered me a place to stay on the way to and back from Gone Moab. 1st time wheeling in the LV area with the Silver State Nissan club. I'm also planning a 1st trip to Yellowstone and Colorado for some wheeling.

I'm hoping to join in on a OB wheeling trip and meet a bunch of you folks for the 1st time!

2017 is going to be a GREAT off road adventure year!

shoredreamer

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Santa Cruz
First Name
Chris
Last Name
RRU
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6AZV
On the Cruiser I'm looking at building some drawers, finishing my dual battery install, upsizing from an Autana to Autana XL RTT. Rebuild my starter, new radiator, rebuild the fan clutch, rattle can my rims, mobile HAM install plus a ton of tiny tweaks and fixes, and the normal maintenance.

It's looking to be a great 2017 as far as trips go now that my daughter will be turning 1 in June. 2016 was kind of a sleeper.
In March, I'll be retracing the California section of the Old Spanish Trail with my Dad, son and brother, including all of The Mojave Road. This will be my brother's first multi-day off road trip in his truck, and my Dad's first time camping in a decade. It'll be fun to show him how remote off-road camping is done.
May, me and the family will be heading out for 3 weeks to Utah, Colorado, NM and Arizona for Cruise Moab 2017, Overland Expo, plus tons of miles and great trails between the two.
Besides those, gonna shoot for a Mendocino NF trip, some weekend wheeling and MTB trips in the sierras and hopefully another desert trip thrown in too.

MOAK

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Wherever we park it will be home !!
First Name
Donald
Last Name
Diehl
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRPN 506
Details, details, install new LSPV, button up some oil leaks, new tires. Then in April, MOAB, the WRT & The Needles of Canyonlands, back pack the painted desert, then onto Grand Staircase. Then head northwest, ending up in the Olympic Mountains NP. If you're near us in Pennsylvania give me a shout. !!

Rogue Beardsman

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Rotonda West, Florida
Member #

I recently had something happen that forced me to give up on a dream of mine. It also puts me in a unemployed and semi homeless state( crashing with family for now). So my mod list in mostly on hold. I'm focusing on some maintenance upgrades. I just had to replace a windshield. That windshield had a tiny chip for the last three years but in three days cracked across the whole thing!. Oh well. I also think its time for cats and some other minor fixes. Good news is I have a front bumper on order and im hoping that is done in the next month or two. Then i will splurge on a winch and put that on! Im trying to find work in Arizona(tempe/mesa area) and move back over there. So hopeful soon ill have a road trip planned.

Billy "Poserlander" Badly

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

PDX, OR, USA
Member #

Mods/Rig Stuff: Hep's Designs Roof Rack (ordering this week, but it'll arrive in 2017, so it counts). After I refill my fun bank a bit (I also splurged on another expensive hobby and ordered an OLED 4k TV this week), I'll get the MaxGear rear bumper w/ spare tire mount and jerry can carrier. That'll likely be it for 2017...

Major Trips: Wyoming (Sheridan area) in June, Eastern Oregon in August for the eclipse (there will be a number of short recon trips leading up to this one, so I can find a good spot). Also hoping to explore the N. Washington Cascades a bit, now that my brother lives in Blaine.

Anders0nic

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member
Supporter

Pathfinder I

Benicia, CA
First Name
Anderson
Last Name
Carlisle
Member #

I just copy/pasted this from my off topic thread.

"
Well, it's "that" time of year again.
Yup, the end of year list time.

For my New Years resolution regarding overloading; I plan on upgrading a few key components of the Tacoma.

1. Prinsu rack for the camper shell
2. RTT (most likely a Tepui product)
3. finally install all the silly LED lighting products I have compiled.
4. finish the dual battery setup.
5. finalize the design and build my storage bed system.

My wish list is:

1. hopefully able to purchase fridge unit
2. Hopefully build my water storage/delivery system
3. would love to be able to afford armor and bumpers...

Whatchya'll got in mind?
"

Reactions: 9Mike2

Glenn

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate I

New Tazewell, Tennessee, USA
First Name
Glenn
Last Name
Cote
Member #

My plans are simple... Get this rig "outfitted" and ready to explore ! Well, we already explore and have for some years but now we want the ability to stop, star gaze with a nice campfire, rise and do it some more somewhere down that trail.

Just finished building this roof rack for the RTT and 2017 will bring "the rest of the story"... :sunglasses:

diyjeeproofrack2.jpg diyjeeproofrack3.jpg

Attachments

Reactions: Xcountry and 9Mike2

Joey83

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Sandnes, Norway
First Name
Joachim
Last Name
Sandven
Member #

I'm having a hard time deciding if I should buy a 4x4 (not that I actually need it, I just like the elevated seating position cause I'm short) or build a fast and practical sleeper.

Reactions: 9Mike2

Gofastpops

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Miamisburg, ohio
Member #

I've a couple short trips in mind. The one that requires some flexibility is the Total Solar Eclipse that occurs August 21st.

https://eclipse.gsfc.nasa.gov/SEgoogle/SEgoogle2001/SE2017Aug21Tgoogle.html

I'm about 6 hours from the projected path. The biggest problem is planning for clear skies that day. In 7 hours , I can reach any where from Kansas City Missouri to Asheville South Ccarolina. Right now, I'm hunting for National forest locations near the path that I can setup camp that weekend.