Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

At least here in Europe I noticed a difference between the old style Overlanders and the new Generation.
The old one is still going once, some more, a year on a longer trip. (like more as a month)
All others are having their holidays and then maybe some meet ups and gatherings for Overlanders.
Which is perfectly fine. There is nothing against it.

But there is a different kind of breed. That is what packs as often as they can their car and go out and explore.
They do it all. Meet ups, trips, workshops, you name it they do it. As long as they can be outdoor, explore and outfit. The last one in materials and knowledge.

They are what some people call a bit funny the Weekend Warrior. But dont forget this!!!
If you drive once a year a trip for say 25000 km, that is a lot of miles.
But if you drive say around 30 times a trip from 1000km that is way more.
And beauty is just around the corner. You just need to be willing to find it.

So, I think it is time for a new title.
The Weekend Overland Warrior.

And I guess Iam one of them.

Regards from Robert
20230505_200500.jpg

Sparksalot

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Bastrop County, TX, USA
First Name
Rex
Last Name
Drake
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5GH
Service Branch
Air Force
At least here in Europe I noticed a difference between the old style Overlanders and the new Generation.
The old one is still going once, some more, a year on a longer trip. (like more as a month)
All others are having their holidays and then maybe some meet ups and gatherings for Overlanders.
Which is perfectly fine. There is nothing against it.

But there is a different kind of breed. That is what packs as often as they can their car and go out and explore.
They do it all. Meet ups, trips, workshops, you name it they do it. As long as they can be outdoor, explore and outfit. The last one in materials and knowledge.

They are what some people call a bit funny the Weekend Warrior. But dont forget this!!!
If you drive once a year a trip for say 25000 km, that is a lot of miles.
But if you drive say around 30 times a trip from 1000km that is way more.
And beauty is just around the corner. You just need to be willing to find it.

So, I think it is time for a new title.
The Weekend Overland Warrior.

And I guess Iam one of them.

Regards from Robert
View attachment 259978
I like the matching paint schemes on your rig and trailer.

Reactions: Robert OB 33/48