Centennial, CO, USA
First Name
Ben
Last Name
Kim
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0YZW
I just bought the CVT solar lamp, it’s currently on sale for $200. Can’t wait to get it! I really like that it’s solar but you can still plug it in to charge it at home, has a USB port and the four detachable lights are magnetic so you can stick them to metal surfaces. It looks like it folds up well too so it doesn’t take up a lot of space. I’ll post my impressions when it gets delivered. There a couple of good reviews on YouTube for it. SwellRunner and Primal Outdoors are good reviews. It also looks like the CVT version is a rebranded version of the Free Spirit Recreation GO light.
This is a great camp light. Super bright and the charge holds well so far. One issue is in order to pack the light back into the included bag you need to unscrew and remove the adapter that attaches the light to the stand. It’s only two screws but it would be much easier if the included bag was bigger or the adapter just snapped on/off. Small annoyance and shouldn’t keep you from purchasing this if you need a good camp light.

DividedSky

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

USA
Member #

One of my favorite lights that I use around camp are the MPOWERD Luci Original Inflatable Solar Lantern. One in the tent, and 2 either hanging from the RTT or wherever needed. Then in the morning, deflate, place on the dash and let them charge up for the next night.
Ditto. These are great. Not super bright, but bright enough for small tasks and great for just hanging out at night without a bright light shining in your eyes. Never had one go out on me. They seem to last forever.

Reactions: Ben Kim and Caddis

sabjku

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Alexandria, VA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Beh
Member #

I just bought the CVT solar lamp, it’s currently on sale for $200. Can’t wait to get it! I really like that it’s solar but you can still plug it in to charge it at home, has a USB port and the four detachable lights are magnetic so you can stick them to metal surfaces. It looks like it folds up well too so it doesn’t take up a lot of space. I’ll post my impressions when it gets delivered. There a couple of good reviews on YouTube for it. SwellRunner and Primal Outdoors are good reviews. It also looks like the CVT version is a rebranded version of the Free Spirit Recreation GO light.
Hey Ben, I haven't contacted them yet, but do you know if CVT is still offering that light? I don't see it on their site now. If they still had them at $200 I'd be all over that. I love that setup.