Mid Atlantic
First Name
Eddie
Last Name
Fort
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO4CPL
Maybe I just need more coffee this morning ...
If I understand the chart correctly, and it's entirely possible I don't, I should have reached Contributor III and Enthusiast II levels... but I still don't understand the points concept.

Any help would be aappreciated.

PatriotT4R

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Lillington, NC 27546
Member #

Hey Everyone,

I've received quite a few questions about the point and rank system in the forums.

The most important thing to understand is that the rank system being built over time by design. We've actually put considerable time into thinking what is MOST relevant within the overland community, and how we might reward different level members. Here are some details.
  1. There are 4 trophy "tracks". They are:
    1. Overland Bound Ambassador - Community focused, and primarily forum activity.
    2. Overland Bound Adventurer - For those who travel a lot, and share their routes and experience.
    3. Overland Bound Innovator - For do-it-yourself-ers, and idea generators contributing new ideas to Overlanding.
    4. Overland Bound Challenger - Extreme Challenge Series
  2. Each track has 15 trophies.
  3. Trophies can be displayed on your profile once awarded.
  4. Trophies award "points".
  5. Completing every trophy in all tracks will award the maximum number of points, and the highest rank.
  6. Points increase your "Rank"
  7. Trophies have requirements. Some are forum-based (automatic) but some will need to be verified. For example, the Overland Bound Challenger Trail Blazer II trophy might require a verified water crossing.
The Ambassador Track is complete. There are 15 possible Trophies, for a total of 3,970 points. That would get you to Rank 6 of 10, but keep in mind, rank 10 is 15,000 points.

To display the badges in the forums, go to your profile and select the earned badge you would like to display!

Here are the Trophy Requirements:

Ambassador Trophy Requirements:

View attachment 1154

This is how it all fits together to eventually become a Legendary Member:

View attachment 1153
Sir, Is there an Ambassador located at Bagram AFB Afghanistan? Am I allowed to earn Badge points for my constant travels from CONUS to OCUNUS Afghanistan? I figured its an adventure usually not the same route most people would consider normal but, its my life and a path I have chosen to support our troops. There is no said actual route unless by aircraft however the latitude & longitude 34.9445° N, 69.2736° E It is located next to the ancient city of Bagram, 11 kilometres (6.8 mi) southeast of Charikar in the Parwan Province of Afghanistan. Our Overland Vehicles here consist of some outdated HMMWVs and the newly fielded MRAPS Mine-Resistant Ambush Protected vehicles. I reside in Lillington NC but, work & live in Bagram most of the year except for every other 4 months travel back home. I still keep actively involved with the site as much as possible considering my remote location.

avgjoe624

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Fayetteville, NC, USA
Member #

Sir, Is there an Ambassador located at Bagram AFB Afghanistan? Am I allowed to earn Badge points for my constant travels from CONUS to OCUNUS Afghanistan? I figured its an adventure usually not the same route most people would consider normal but, its my life and a path I have chosen to support our troops. There is no said actual route unless by aircraft however the latitude & longitude 34.9445° N, 69.2736° E It is located next to the ancient city of Bagram, 11 kilometres (6.8 mi) southeast of Charikar in the Parwan Province of Afghanistan. Our Overland Vehicles here consist of some outdated HMMWVs and the newly fielded MRAPS Mine-Resistant Ambush Protected vehicles. I reside in Lillington NC but, work & live in Bagram most of the year except for every other 4 months travel back home. I still keep actively involved with the site as much as possible considering my remote location.

im on BAF at the moment too.. its definitely an adventure in its own right around here. lol

Reactions: PatriotT4R

MA_Trooper

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Methuen, MA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
BRV
Member #

Question.. why is your lowest badge displayed on the message board.. it diminishes your effort and the competition.
Ok, so I spent a bit this morning trying to figure this out. Before, you had the ability to change your displayed trophy/badge. This was done from the badges pages under my badges. I was unable to do that so I tried to find another solution. Unfortunately, I couldn't. This is a bug that has been reported to dev. I will let you know when it's resolved.

Status
Not open for further replies.