"Trails" in Illinois?

• HTML tutorial

N8roro

Rank 0

Traveler I

Has anyone found any spots close the Chicago that are fun and not off road parks? From what I could find Shawnee, Michigan and Wisconsin ORV are the closest. Is there anything I'm missing, or any recommendations about which to do first?

Where are you guys planning on going?

Punkabilly

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hey guys just found this page see alot of you are in my area. And alot of yall are jeep guys hope that its ok to get my 4runner in here without starting things with the age old arguement of yota or jeep. I love to hit the trails and tge mud but since moving back to the area from texas i havent found much and dont have any wheeling buddies up here.

Reactions: Feathered Serpent

Jester

Rank 0

Traveler I

I’m new to “Overlanding” as well and would love to get involved with some local trips! My wife and I both have camping experience from our childhood and would like to make sure our daughter (2 yr old) gets some nature exposure!

Would love to join y’all at a meet up if one happens!

SSGJKJ

Rank III
Launch Member

Member III

Elgin IL
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Johnston
Member #

I'm in Illinois and a crazy experienced camper. I'm thinking about running the Trans Wisconsin trail.

Wanderlost

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Caledonia, Illinois
Member #

Claval01

Rank 0

Contributor I

Palatine, IL, USA
First Name
Christopher
Last Name
LaValle
He
We're putting together a casual gathering at a local offroad park next Saturday (24th) if you're interested. The park is smallish but a great place to play for a few hours. It'll be the same as this event we hosted a couple months ago;
NE Illinois, Gathering of Overlanders - 09/08/2018
Let us know if you can make it or, head over to our Facebook page where you'll find an Event Posting.
Hey just joined this forum... I too am looking for places to go. Any meets coming up so I can meet you guys and head out on some trips?

SSGJKJ

Rank III
Launch Member

Member III

Elgin IL
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Johnston
Member #

Michigan is the best we have found close. We tried to do the TWAT this last summer but alas life got in the way.

samuraj

Rank III

Enthusiast III

chicago
First Name
adam
Last Name
adam
Member #

while back i read something about power lines runs in Land Rover forums ,,,,on the board IL WI