Trail & Camping Ideas Around Portland

• HTML tutorial

Hella-Buggin'

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

SF Bay Area
Member #

My self and my buddies from high school, 30 years ago, are looking for mellow trail we can drive into some secluded camping for a few days. Fishing nearby would be ideal but we basically
hang out, hike and drink beer and eat good food. I'm in portland and we're planning a trip for the end of September. I was looking at Barlow, & Bennet or Badger Lake.
Everyone will fly into portland and we'll pile in my Cayenne on KO2's for the trip. 4 Guys.
Any opinions or other suggestions?

ifellonscissors

Rank III

Enthusiast II

Redmond, WA, USA
First Name
Steven
Last Name
Fish
Member #

Service Branch
US Navy Veteran
I live in Redmond, Wa so I couldn't give any recommendations but I am curious if you found a place to go? I haven't been in the forums for a while and would love to hear about other people's adventures.

OTH Overland

Local Expert Washington, USA
Investor

Trail Blazer III

Camano Island, WA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Ballard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N7XQP
Service Branch
Fire/EMS/SAR
There is always the Oregon Backcountry Discovery Route, Starts at Hood River and winds down to SE Oregon. The section around Hood has some good scenery and plenty of camping options. The entire route in GPX with waypoints can be downloaded from the Ride BDR Website. Then you can just choose you adventure by selecting an area of interest between a couple of access points off paved roads and have fun. Lots of side trips from the main route also.

Joshua Buss

Rank IV
Investor

Enthusiast III

18245 40th Ave NE, Lake Forest Park, WA, USA
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Buss
Member #

There is always the Oregon Backcountry Discovery Route, Starts at Hood River and winds down to SE Oregon. The section around Hood has some good scenery and plenty of camping options. The entire route in GPX with waypoints can be downloaded from the Ride BDR Website. Then you can just choose you adventure by selecting an area of interest between a couple of access points off paved roads and have fun. Lots of side trips from the main route also.
I’m in Washington and was looking to head out for a solo trip but have some concerns about fires. I noticed quite a few down in Oregon so probably check before you head out to make sure you’re going to a safe area.