Ontario California
First Name
Scott
Last Name
SMR
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO6BI
I have a ridged off brand, don't remember the name right now. Some are better then others. The cheap ones tend to have the cleats tear off if your not careful. Mine have worked great so far. Best $95 ive spent. I could post the brand later, at work right now.

Reactions: Graeman

Oranger

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate I

Hastings, MN, USA
First Name
Dylan
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0ZAU
I bought X-Bull 3rd gen after using some 2nd gen while winter wheeling. With current world events I have yet to put them through their paces. However the pair I used had been used dozens of times that day and probably hundreds of times in total. They were reaching the end of their service life.

Reactions: Graeman

LostWoods

Rank IV
Launch Member

Member III

Phoenix, AZ, USA
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
lastname
Member #

Maxtrax all the way for me. Picked up some cheaper Tred knock-offs on Amazon with a great rating for like $90 and one cracked the first trip out on the sand. Ordered some Maxtrax the next time I had service.

Reactions: Louiston

Lil Bear

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Georgia, USA
First Name
Working
Last Name
Toomuch
Member #

What do you like better? Folding or rigid, off brand or max Trax?
Both have their different times they are better then the other. But for the most part i'd say go with the rigid ones. As for which brand, you can find a lot of comparisons online between he companies. No need to spend hundreds of dollars on a set. Bunker Indust is a good company/brand but you will get many different replys from different people.

TogaYJ33

Rank 0

Contributor I

Toga, VA, USA
First Name
Charles
Last Name
Hollamd
You guys are the best, I've looked at a bunch of brands and see a trend of the "get what you pay for" philosophy. Hard to spend $300 on plastic boards.

Tundracamper

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Tuscaloosa, Alabama, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Shepard
Member #

You guys are the best, I've looked at a bunch of brands and see a trend of the "get what you pay for" philosophy. Hard to spend $300 on plastic boards.
Recently got a set of MT. Yes, they are plastic, but boy are they solid and thick plastic. I don’t anticipate any issues using them.

USStrongman

Rank V

Influencer II

Lubbock, TX, USA
First Name
Bryan
Last Name
Hildebrand
Member #

Rotopax has them now too. Seem to fall looks wise between XBull and Max Trax. Price is $99 introductory going up to $135 or there abouts soon.

RickR

Rank IV
Launch Member

Traveler II

San Antonio, Texas
First Name
Rick
Last Name
R
Member #

The high-end ones are great of course, but I don't use mine for a ramp, nor a bridge. Don't get me wrong the high-end ones are way better, but for my needs these are great. I have used them several times and they work great. For helping others stuck out in the sand.
And yes they are solid but flexible.

BCMoto

Rank IV

Influencer II

SF
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Agloro
Member #

I also use X-Bull, no issues so far :wink: I wouldn't use them for building bridges or jack plates but they work just fine for recoveries in sand and mud.
Ive actually used my pair of x-bull boards as a jack plate and they worked well supporting my silverado

Reactions: USStrongman

USStrongman

Rank V

Influencer II

Lubbock, TX, USA
First Name
Bryan
Last Name
Hildebrand
Member #

Snittybilt has a new set as well. Looks a lot more aggressive than the Roto or XBull varieties and fall price wise at $160. Right between MT and XB:

trail_runn4r

US Rocky Mtn. Local Expert. Colorado: Denver Area

Pathfinder III

Denver, CO, USA
First Name
Carlo
Last Name
Donzelli
Member #

I bought an ARB knock-off from Amazon, and even though they got me unstuck, one cracked at one end.
I believe I will still use them but eventually will switch to MaxTraxx.

Attachments

TogaYJ33

Rank 0

Contributor I

Toga, VA, USA
First Name
Charles
Last Name
Hollamd
The high-end ones are great of course, but I don't use mine for a ramp, nor a bridge. Don't get me wrong the high-end ones are way better, but for my needs these are great. I have used them several times and they work great. For helping others stuck out in the sand.
And yes they are solid but flexible.

These look great for the price, how would they work in thick mud?

Sputnik

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Alameda, Bay Area, CA
First Name
Ethan
Last Name
H.
Member #

I looked at the xbull long and hard mainly due to price and reasonably good reviews but ended up just spending the extra coin for real max trax. Reputation and made in Australia made them the winner. I’ve been trying to avoid made in China for a while now and it’s cost me extra but I think it’s worthwhile.

Ben_in_ILM

Rank IV
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

Myrtle Grove, NC
First Name
Ben
Last Name
Jensen
Member #

I’ve had a few of the cheaper brands. I use them for leveling most of the time. The cheaper ones have all cracked or the treads have torn off. So it’s MaxTrax for me from now on. You definitely get what you pay for in my opinion.