louisiana
First Name
grub
Last Name
worm
Member #

Service Branch
USN-Submarines
i like having my milwaukee 18v tools with me when i travel, so that means that i obviously have 18v tool batteries. i'm a big fan of having different power options available when out camping and i recently came across a very cool accessory that slides on a cordless tool battery and has a light and charging ports.
the wife is notorious for forgetting to charge her phone until night time and then is trying to figure out to charge it since there are no outlets and the vehicle cigarette lighter ports dont work unless the vehicle is running. well, this is a great option to have. just slide this over the battery and now you have a powered USB port. i use 5ah batteries, so that's plenty to keep her phone up and running for a long time. i carry the battery charger with me along with a 400w inverter and that way i can charge the batteries while driving. the one i bought off amazon has a couple USB ports, a 12v port and a small light. it works great and is quite a good value if you already have cordless tool batteries. i have milwaukee, but they are available for all brands. i highly recommend getting one if you are already carrying cordless tools with you

tremoroverland

Rank V

Enthusiast III

Somerville, Texas, United States
First Name
Richard
Last Name
Caples
Member #

i like having my milwaukee 18v tools with me when i travel, so that means that i obviously have 18v tool batteries. i'm a big fan of having different power options available when out camping and i recently came across a very cool accessory that slides on a cordless tool battery and has a light and charging ports.
the wife is notorious for forgetting to charge her phone until night time and then is trying to figure out to charge it since there are no outlets and the vehicle cigarette lighter ports dont work unless the vehicle is running. well, this is a great option to have. just slide this over the battery and now you have a powered USB port. i use 5ah batteries, so that's plenty to keep her phone up and running for a long time. i carry the battery charger with me along with a 400w inverter and that way i can charge the batteries while driving. the one i bought off amazon has a couple USB ports, a 12v port and a small light. it works great and is quite a good value if you already have cordless tool batteries. i have milwaukee, but they are available for all brands. i highly recommend getting one if you are already carrying cordless tools with you

I also do the same with my Milwaukee tools, have the fan, and 2 lanterns that run off the batteries. Had the top off Milwaukee inverter but it broke after a year. I’m sending it in for repair.

Reactions: grubworm

Viking1204

Rank V
Mod Team
Investor

Member III

Fort Walton Beach, FL
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Viking
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force Veteran
I have the Ryobi 18V system and just looked and found out Ryobi has the same thing, might have to pick one up. I have 10 - 4ah batteries so plenty of power for charging things using something like this!

Reactions: ThundahBeagle

Shawn686

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Canada
I found a dewalt one that attaches to the batteries and has 2 usb ports for your electronic needs. Works great. You can get the fake ones with a light etc if that floats your boat

Shawn

North American Sojourner

Rank VI

Influencer I

Mid-Missouri, MO, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Zimmer
Member #

Service Branch
USN (ret)
That's a cool deal if you can charge your tools too. I have some good charging capabilities onboard but have Matco tools. I'm left out to dry without an inverter. So here I"m charging my charger...ahahahahahha The GB40 has 2 usb ports to charge things also and then I can jump a truck or car battery too.
Zim
gb40.jpg

Reactions: Shahn and MSD

Boostpowered

Rank VI

Member III

Hunt county, TX, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Davis
Member #

I had a hf drill go out on me and I chopped the handle off so there is still a contact for the 18v battery, wired it up to a led spotlight that half the diodes are burnt out. Now I have a really bright spotlight for coyote hunting. Works great for about 1 hour between charges. Can power about any 12v accessories for a limited time.
16391391556573810188153966619053.jpg1639139170483228476688141644231.jpg16391391901367490974566648684055.jpg

Reactions: Shahn

ThundahBeagle

Rank V

Advocate I

Massachusetts
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Beagle
Member #

I mentioned it in the air compressor thread, I used the Ryobi p731, not the p747 air compressor. Both use the 18 volt batteries. So I got thier circular saw and drill, and leave the old Sears Craftsman cable ones at home and leave these in my truck. It's not like I'm a construction worker. These do fine for my needs