Toilet Time

• HTML tutorial

texascascio

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Denton Texas
Member #

We use this one and has worked very well. Recommend using the disposable bags and add some kitty litter inside the bag.

potty.jpg

dd.jpg

TeresaE

Rank 0

Traveler I

There are a few options for composting or similar type toilets. We went with the Nature's Head after doing a lot of research. We compared the cost of the different recurring costs on the different toilets. We first looked at the Laveo Dry Flush toilet. This was expensive in the long run as it was about $2.00 per flush. The Nature's Head for a couple of people was more affordable. It separates the urine from the poo which helps as it eliminates any potential smell that a porta-potty would have.

CSG

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Idaho
Member #

I carry the little porta-potti that came with my PW Traverse when traveling in the van. Works fine and dumping the tank into an outhouse is fine as is dumping it into an RV dump. They say you can also dump into a standard toilet but I have yet to do that. In the LX, I usually carry the Pett.

I'd love one of those Trasheroo garbage bags but I don't carry a spare on the tailgate and don't know where I mount it on my LX.

phlfly

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Leesburg, VA, USA
First Name
Vadim
Last Name
Zubkov
Member #

I was looking as well. It's kind nice to keep our preserve nature clean, as no one wants step on s.... while hiking. Well at least as many said dig a hole and take paper with you. But I found one interesting product and it's very compact, which is great. I will try this.