TN Maps

• HTML tutorial

Bobby Streeter

Rank III
Launch Member

Traveler I

Does anyone have any maps for some simple overlanding near Chattanooga? I am new to the overland community and looking to try out a few trails with my son.

McCamper

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

SODDY DAISY / CHATTANOOGA TN
Member #

Does anyone have any maps for some simple overlanding near Chattanooga? I am new to the overland community and looking to try out a few trails with my son.
Prentice Cooper State Forest

Caution: be out by dark, and never leave a Rig or toys here they will be stripped.

You will need to double check. I've not been in years but we ride dirtbikes around trails. May not have many options here to ride with trucks.

I spoke with a park ranger in chattanooga and he was telling me windrock is what he would go to.
http://www.windrockpark.com/Screenshot_20180815-121829.jpg

Stickman

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Eads, TN
First Name
Craig
Last Name
Treanor
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN4FBH
Wind rock is fun. Lots of multi-level trails. I've heard Taladaga National Forrest is good. Cherokee too. You need to download Avenza Maps. Search for free National Forrest maps. Looked for trails marked "dispersed camping" if you really want to be out doors.

Stickman

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Eads, TN
First Name
Craig
Last Name
Treanor
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN4FBH
Look for the Motor Vehicle Use Maps. They are free. Use an atlas to find the national forests near you.

Louisiana Overland

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Ventress, Louisiana
Member #

Georia overland has the georgia traverse gps files to download. You can save them and use them in tha gaia app for offline use. Part of the traverse is near chatanooga in the cherokee national forest.

Reactions: Bobby Streeter

Nickzero

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Greenville, SC, USA
First Name
Nicholas
Last Name
Dugdale
Member #

Wind rock is fun. Lots of multi-level trails. I've heard Taladaga National Forrest is good. Cherokee too. You need to download Avenza Maps. Search for free National Forrest maps. Looked for trails marked "dispersed camping" if you really want to be out doors.
I also hear Wind Rock West of Knoxville is a kickass spot to wheel and camp. I will be moving up to Knoxville TN next year. I cant wait to meet new overlander buddies up there!

McCamper

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

SODDY DAISY / CHATTANOOGA TN
Member #

Found a place called Adventure offroad park, around South Pittsburg TN

Warning some rough spots, just know your rig. And have lockers

-McCamper