Kennewick, WA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Denniston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LYZ
That thing is awesome! One of my friend's dad has a mid 70's Travelall sitting in the weeds at their farm that I've been trying to buy for a few years, won't sell it yet but I think I'm wearing him down. Have any big plans for it yet? Fix it up as a driver or sleeping platform in the back and canoe rack on top for an old school Overlander?
Short term goal is to just get it on the road and start building the interior out for camping.
Ultimate goal is to do a 5.9 Cummins swap which would basically swap the entire running gear including axles into it. Add a 4-6” lift and at least 37’s.

MrWilsonWJ

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Kennewick, WA
First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Wilson
Member #

Been a little bit since I posted about running Skyline, but I'm thinking about heading up there this Sunday (11/14) if anyone is interested. Roads are still open through the end of the month and the best I can see there doesn't seem to be much snow yet. Depending on what sections we run I would expect lots of mud like last fall when some of us ran it. Which ever way we go I'd like to make it to Table Rock, not sure if the gate will be open but it's only .5 mile walk in. Unless the weather is crap then I'll skip the walk in. As of now I'm leaning toward starting at Walla Walla and going north, but I'm not opposed to heading out early and running the whole thing from Tollgate north. Post up if you're free this weekend and want to join.

Reactions: G.Goodwin and Ceg

G.Goodwin

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Explorer I

West Richland, WA
First Name
Garrett
Last Name
Goodwin
Member #

Been a little bit since I posted about running Skyline, but I'm thinking about heading up there this Sunday (11/14) if anyone is interested. Roads are still open through the end of the month and the best I can see there doesn't seem to be much snow yet. Depending on what sections we run I would expect lots of mud like last fall when some of us ran it. Which ever way we go I'd like to make it to Table Rock, not sure if the gate will be open but it's only .5 mile walk in. Unless the weather is crap then I'll skip the walk in. As of now I'm leaning toward starting at Walla Walla and going north, but I'm not opposed to heading out early and running the whole thing from Tollgate north. Post up if you're free this weekend and want to join.

Dang it. Just saw this. Hope it all went well.

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
How much snow was up there? We have about 6” at Rooster Rock on mount Emily.

G.Goodwin

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Explorer I

West Richland, WA
First Name
Garrett
Last Name
Goodwin
Member #

I didn't go up this weekend. We got free tickets to the WSU vs. Oregon football game so headed over to Eugene instead. Might try to head up this Sunday but we'll see.
Oh nice! I’ll check this feed more often since I don’t think I have anything planned Sunday.

TerraRoamer

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

West Richland, WA, USA
First Name
Stephen
Last Name
Bell
Member #

We have room for a few more rigs on our Christmas Tree Run in the Naches Area. See the link for more info EWE Christmas Tree Snow Wheeling Trip - 11/27/21

Looks like it’ll be a great time!
I’ll be working, but maybe next year.
I’ve been thinking it might be nice to do a meetup. Coffee or something to get a chance to discuss trips, modifications and repairs. Perhaps some of us have some skills and tools that may be able to help others with projects.

G.Goodwin

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Explorer I

West Richland, WA
First Name
Garrett
Last Name
Goodwin
Member #

We have room for a few more rigs on our Christmas Tree Run in the Naches Area. See the link for more info EWE Christmas Tree Snow Wheeling Trip - 11/27/21

Looks like it’ll be a great time!
I’ll be working, but maybe next year.
I’ve been thinking it might be nice to do a meetup. Coffee or something to get a chance to discuss trips, modifications and repairs. Perhaps some of us have some skills and tools that may be able to help others with projects.
I’ve actually been thinking about this for a few weeks. Been waiting for my boss to send me my schedule so I could throw a date out there and see what works. If someone has days that work better. Let’s here them. I know a few of us don’t have the flexibility but I think it would be good to get together and maybe get something setup for next year

Reactions: TerraRoamer

JL Lou

Rank IV
Investor

Member III

Richland Wa
First Name
Lou
Last Name
Smith
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7ORV
Service Branch
US Navy
My schedule is pretty busy through the end of the year, but if y'all pick a day that I am off, I will try and make it.

Ceg

Rank V

Advocate II

Selah, Washington
First Name
Clay
Last Name
Graham
Member #

Service Branch
US Army
I know a few of us don’t have the flexibility but I think it would be good to get together and maybe get something setup for next year
I have hosted an annual meet and greet in February for years at the Slab in Zillah. The Slab is closed to 4 wheel vehicles now so I am moving the event so it can move to different places yearly if needed. The 2022 Meet & Greet is plan for Beverly Dunes. It may move if there are any problems. Here is the link if you are interested 1st Annual EWE Winter 4x4 Meet & Greet - 2/19/22 - Eastern Washington Expeditions - Overland

JL Lou

Rank IV
Investor

Member III

Richland Wa
First Name
Lou
Last Name
Smith
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7ORV
Service Branch
US Navy
Is the Slab permanently closed to 4 wheel vehicles?

Ceg

Rank V

Advocate II

Selah, Washington
First Name
Clay
Last Name
Graham
Member #

Service Branch
US Army
Is the Slab permanently closed to 4 wheel vehicles?
That is what I was told by the President of the Dust Dodgers (the guy we worked with to co-host the clean ups). Too many people doing things to upset the neighbors. The owner of the private section wants to keep it open for dirt bikes which is why he bought it for years ago. I am not sure about the BLM section. May be land locked.

Reactions: M Rose and JL Lou