Florida, USA
First Name
Jacob
Last Name
Blenker
Member #

Service Branch
Army
If I may suggest, continue you tongue tube thru to the rear so you have a good strong tow connection point if you need it
Finish it with a d-ring, or a 2 inch hitch receiver
That’s the plan. I have another section to weld on. It’s been slow going by myself. Plus, I’m not a fabricator so I am working at the pace of my abilities. If anyone in southern Florida wants to lend some expertise that would be awesome.

KonzaLander

Rank VI

Traveler II

Junction City, Kansas, USA
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0EBF
It's getting good now. Subscribing! You are essentially building the same trailer I've been mentally designing. I look forward to watching your progress.

What material size did you use for the frame?

Jacob Blenker

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Florida, USA
First Name
Jacob
Last Name
Blenker
Member #

Service Branch
Army
It's getting good now. Subscribing! You are essentially building the same trailer I've been mentally designing. I look forward to watching your progress.

What material size did you use for the frame?
You can get a free trial of sketch up for 30 days. It is very helpful with the vision. I used 2x2 .125” for the frame. The tongue is 2.5x2.5 .25”. Everything else will be 2x1 .125 or 1x1 .125”. I have been stick welding with 6010 and it is extremely strong. Working solo is tough especially when fabricating the wall frame.when You stare share your thread so I can check it out!

Reactions: KonzaLander

KonzaLander

Rank VI

Traveler II

Junction City, Kansas, USA
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0EBF
Ahh, I am familiar with SketchUp and I still have a copy of SketchUp 6 with a V-Ray rendering tool. I used it a lot back in 08/09 as I was completing my Master of Landscape Architecture. But I was using it for community design, not overland trailers :sunglasses: There are a few easter eggs in this scene of a project I did...
1670870715078.png

I did use the free online version of SketchUp to design my "Yeller" trailer. It will be a few years before I dive into building another trailer since I just finished "Yeller", but that wont keep me away from designing it! Thanks for the intel on your frame material. I always enjoy the nitty gritty details in these types of builds.

Reactions: Jacob Blenker

Jacob Blenker

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Florida, USA
First Name
Jacob
Last Name
Blenker
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Ahh, I am familiar with SketchUp and I still have a copy of SketchUp 6 with a V-Ray rendering tool. I used it a lot back in 08/09 as I was completing my Master of Landscape Architecture. But I was using it for community design, not overland trailers :sunglasses: There are a few easter eggs in this scene of a project I did...
View attachment 246646

I did use the free online version of SketchUp to design my "Yeller" trailer. It will be a few years before I dive into building another trailer since I just finished "Yeller", but that wont keep me away from designing it! Thanks for the intel on your frame material. I always enjoy the nitty gritty details in these types of builds.
Oh good! It helped me prevent wasting materials. Plus it provides a lot of motivation. I ordered my axles and said "well... no backing out now."