Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Update on US deliveries of the Grenadier. The dealer network has been announced and production for the US has started. I don't know about other dealerships but here is Chicago they have over 500 orders on the books (I don't know if they will all follow through) and mine is one of the 50 they have in production and assigned a VIN. Still don't know when it will be delivered but will be late 2023 or early 2024 I expect.
Delivery in the US is underway, isn't it? Have you already received your Grenadier and what are your first experiences with it?

Ragman

Rank V
Investor

Explorer I

Geneva, IL, USA
First Name
Richard
Last Name
Gearhart
Member #

Delivery in the US is underway, isn't it? Have you already received your Grenadier and what are your first experiences with it?
I will pick it up in the next couple of weeks, it is at the Chicago dealership and they just told me all the PDI work has been done. Sadly none of the accessories have arrived and it is still impacted by the NA towing software issues, but at least I can start the break-in procedures and have them handle any issue when I take it back to get those items installed/sorted.

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
I will pick it up in the next couple of weeks, it is at the Chicago dealership and they just told me all the PDI work has been done. Sadly none of the accessories have arrived and it is still impacted by the NA towing software issues, but at least I can start the break-in procedures and have them handle any issue when I take it back to get those items installed/sorted.
Thanks. NA towing software issues?

Ragman

Rank V
Investor

Explorer I

Geneva, IL, USA
First Name
Richard
Last Name
Gearhart
Member #

INEOS has removed all hitches for US vehicles due to a software issue that, I believe, impacts the trailer lighting. We are waiting for resolution but INEOS is giving the tow package for free to everyone who ordered due to the hassle. Once resolved they will reinstall the hitches.

Reactions: El-Dracho

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
INEOS has removed all hitches for US vehicles due to a software issue that, I believe, impacts the trailer lighting. We are waiting for resolution but INEOS is giving the tow package for free to everyone who ordered due to the hassle. Once resolved they will reinstall the hitches.
Understand, thanks for the explanation.

Ragman

Rank V
Investor

Explorer I

Geneva, IL, USA
First Name
Richard
Last Name
Gearhart
Member #

Picked up the Grenadier last week and put up a video just talking about why I ended up pulling the trigger and getting one despite my long-time car buying rules. If anyone wants to have a look at it I will post it below. I think , bottom line, it is a bit of a punt as to how well INEOS accomplished their goals but the philosophy of the company really hit on a lot of my views on car design. So let the adventure begin!

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Picked up the Grenadier last week and put up a video just talking about why I ended up pulling the trigger and getting one despite my long-time car buying rules. If anyone wants to have a look at it I will post it below. I think , bottom line, it is a bit of a punt as to how well INEOS accomplished their goals but the philosophy of the company really hit on a lot of my views on car design. So let the adventure begin!

Congrats and thanks for sharing your thoughts and first impressions. Enjoy the upcoming adventures with your new rig.

CR-Venturer

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Ardrossan, AB, Canada
First Name
Jas
Last Name
Spr
Member #

I hope some day I can afford one. Absolutely love the Grenadier and the philosophy behind it. Incidentally, Toyota recently announced they're releasing a brand new $10,000 modular pickup truck aimed at business and trades use, however one of their concept art pieces showed a pretty sick overland style build, so to say I'm excited about it is an understatement.

wigsajumper

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Maine, USA
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Wiggin
Member #

Service Branch
US Army
I hope some day I can afford one. Absolutely love the Grenadier and the philosophy behind it. Incidentally, Toyota recently announced they're releasing a brand new $10,000 modular pickup truck aimed at business and trades use, however one of their concept art pieces showed a pretty sick overland style build, so to say I'm excited about it is an understatement.
Looks exactly what I want in a pickup but I would be SHOCKED if it makes it to the States.

Arailt

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Prosper, TX, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Arailt
Member #

Thank you for sharing!

I saw my first Grenadier in Plano the other day. It's cool seeing them in the wild.

Reactions: El-Dracho