Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
For the past four years I have been restoring a 1989 Full Sized Bronco to Overland with, but do to its unreliability I had to abandon the “Adventure Machine’s” build.

I bought a 2000 Ford Expedition in high hopes of building the ultimate adventure machine only to have it breakdown on the Idaho Backcountry Discovery Route right before the McGruder Corridor and no shops that could work on it for over a month. So Erin (@HappyGiraffe84) and I decided to look for a new adventure mobile. We found a low milage Ram 1500 that will fit the bill for our new adventure machine.
IMG_1949.jpeg

So far the Ram is mostly stock. I transferred over the solar charging system and batteries from our Expedition along with the GMRS Radio, and Rhino Pioneer Rack, and lights I have accumulated over the years.
Over the next few weeks I plan on building a drawer system for the back seat, a support system for the Pioneer Rack and finish the communications system.
Since purchasing Ram 2.0 we have put on 1500 mile of mostly off pavement travels.

AggieOE

Rank IV

Advocate II

Pearland, Texas, USA
First Name
Nathan
Last Name
NWK
Member #

So have you sold off the Bronco and Expedition? The Ram looks like a solid base to build on.
I see a Rhino rack. Could that fit on top?

Reactions: M Rose

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
So have you sold off the Bronco and Expedition? The Ram looks like a solid base to build on.
I see a Rhino rack. Could that fit on top?
I traded the broken down Expedition for the Ram, still have the Bronco with the expectation of selling it in the spring.

The Rhino Rack is too long to fit on top in the traditional sense, but I’m looking into options to make it work. If not, it will be up for sale as well.

AggieOE

Rank IV

Advocate II

Pearland, Texas, USA
First Name
Nathan
Last Name
NWK
Member #

Sometimes thinning out the projects can give you a spark and sense of renewed excitement in having accomplishable goals.
Instead of doing ALL the maintenance and upgrades, I'll just take on the fun one or the expensive one and outsource the rest. It keeps it enjoyable without overburdening my free time with obligations.
I hope starting with a newer platform will be that for you!

Reactions: M Rose