The Autism Family Travels updated vehicle build. Take two! 2015 Jeep Patriot altitude.

• HTML tutorial

Flamewave

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Oakdale, CT
First Name
John
Last Name
Matusiak
Member #

The best part of the ABS being down is it deactivates the AWD so you can chirp the tires. :grinning:

But yeah, I've had to replace my rear wheel bearings twice. I don't know why they fail so easily, it's frustrating.

Enthusiast III

Grand Falls-Windsor, NL, Canada
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Adams
The best part of the ABS being down is it deactivates the AWD so you can chirp the tires. :grinning:

But yeah, I've had to replace my rear wheel bearings twice. I don't know why they fail so easily, it's frustrating.
I am not complaining. we have a 156K km on it and they are the original set. Owned the jeep from new 9 years ago.

Reactions: Flamewave

Enthusiast III

First Name
Steve
Last Name
Adams
For S&G's I re loaded Appcar DiagFCA onto my laptop and went out in the Jeep. Reset the tire size to the correct size They were way to small before in the computer, and upped the voltage to the headlights, and made my low beam lights my DRL instead of the high beams. That app is awesome. I recommend it for anyone with a Jeep/Dodge/Chrysler product

Enthusiast III

First Name
Steve
Last Name
Adams
We just got our Patriot back from the mechanic. 3200 dollars later. Oil change, trans fluid change (finally), 3 wheel bearings, two more front control arms/balljoints, new brake pads, and more. It feels brand new as it should. Let see how long that lasts. Hopefully we get more than a year of light driving out of this round of parts.

As for the Appcar settings changes. They all worked great. The jeep feels much more relaxed with its transmission shifts, and overall demeanor. The headlight output is much improved too. Now, to get some new headlight bulbs. I would love LED but I get the intermittent black out using them. I have no idea how to stop that.