Dave in AZ

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Arizona, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Mac
Here is a video I actually made today, testing energy used for reheating 1 meal 1 person, induction cooking. Just to help with some Watt-hrs baseline usage. I actually have a series Im editing, with electric kettle, and small microwave. All based on truck camping using powerstation or battery, and a dc fridge, for energy use calculations.

A lot of folks are using electics for their camp cooking, packing away their propane and Coleman fuel. The question is always, How Much Electricity?? What does a meal prep use, and will you have enough in your powerstation or battery?
Here I show you what you should expect for reheating one meal for one person, in a common electric camping scenario: fridge to safely cooked and hot.

For comparison, in 2024 a car-battery sized Lithium LiFePO4 or LFP, will be 12.8V, 100Amp Hrs, so 1280 Watt-hrs. Watt-hrs are the best unit to use when describing lithium battery energy use, as it is independent of battery voltage and holds true whether you are using a 12, 24, or 48V setup.

Reactions: grubworm

grubworm

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

louisiana
First Name
grub
Last Name
worm
Member #

Service Branch
USN-Submarines
your vid link doesnt work
can you redo the link or post your findings? i like your posts and i know you have some great info in this one that id be interested in seeing...