Mike
Last Name
Stern
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KB7THL
Service Branch
USN Corpsman Veteran
I bought the Tailgater Tire Table last year, but only set it up at home to check it out. This weekend went camping and finally really used it. Although we were in a state park campground, which did have a picnic table, I intentionally set up and used the Tire Table. As we have no issue eating sitting in our folding chairs, the ability to prep and cook on a flat, level, solid surface was excellent. It is fully adjustable for leveling and didn't budge as I moved stuff around. I had also bought the storage bag, which makes it very easy to pack and protect without taking much space. Tailgater Tire Table

Attachments

RideFlyDiveJeep

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate I

Shawnee, KS 66217, USA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Peterson
Member #

Thanks for the review. I have been thinking that this would be a great addition especially for primitive or roadside lunches. Did you just press it up against the back of the rear seats? Looks like it comes in Steel or Aluminum. Sweet!

JeepingMike

Rank V

Advocate II

Greencastle, PA, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Stern
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KB7THL
Service Branch
USN Corpsman Veteran
Thanks for the review. I have been thinking that this would be a great addition especially for primitive or roadside lunches. Did you just press it up against the back of the rear seats? Looks like it comes in Steel or Aluminum. Sweet!
Perfect for that. I actually load chairs and sleep pad behind my seats and then this table against those, then cooler and storage tubs behind that. It does now, I have the original steel.

velo47

Rank VII
Launch Member

Member III

Albuquerque, NM, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Harland
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W3TAX
We've had one since we got our van. We use it almost every night when we're camping. It's great!
If we didn't already have one, I'd probably get the large one, though.

JeepingMike

Rank V

Advocate II

Greencastle, PA, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Stern
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KB7THL
Service Branch
USN Corpsman Veteran
We've had one since we got our van. We use it almost every night when we're camping. It's great!
If we didn't already have one, I'd probably get the large one, though.
I haven't looked at the dimensions to see how much bigger it is. Curious if it's worth the space to pack it in my Jeep.

Northernlady

Rank V
Investor

Trail Blazer III

Prince George, British Columbia, Canada
First Name
Karen
Last Name
Roberts
Member #

I got my tire table this spring and I love it. I often go where there are no tables provided and it sure it nice having a level surface to put the stove or use as a prep table. It doesn't take up much space either. It has been a great piece of kit!

Reactions: JeepingMike

Ragman

Rank V
Investor

Pathfinder III

Geneva, IL, USA
First Name
Richard
Last Name
Gearhart
Member #

I too have one and use it often-very good unit. I met the Tailgater people this weekend at Expo West and there is an interview with them in my Expo review on YouTube. They are great people, very friendly and passionate about their product-they were getting a lot of love at the Expo.

Reactions: JeepingMike

Brewbud

Rank V

Member III

SoCal
Member #

I made one similar to these out of wood many many years ago. It is long since gone, but I have thought about welding up one. I like that larger aluminum one. Maybe I will just order one.