Launch Member

Pathfinder I

13973 State Hwy 112, Sekiu, WA, USA
First Name
Ansa
Last Name
Langer
Member #

Wow, this thread has really brought back memories...first of the family AMC Gremlin X, and now of my 1991 S-10 Blazer...I drove that rig everywhere! Even through and over things meant for "built" rigs only. At the time I was a full time kayaking guide and did kayak sales as well. The pic of the blazer in under brush is NOT an etiquette violation...I am actually on a marked trail open to off road vehicles. BUT, the trail had just opened after being closed for 3+ years, I was one of the first to drive it upon it's reopening!
100_7262.JPG 100_7343.JPG 100_7347.JPG 100_7369.JPG 1268697128135.jpg

Laughing Otter

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

First Name
Ansa
Last Name
Langer
Member #

There's no way I would call the S-10 Blazer a small vehicle! SmallER, than a full size Blazer, yep, but small? Nope. :smirk:
LOL...compared to my disco...it was a RAV 4. Actually though, the Bronco II's and S'10's were mid sized...however, they were barely roomier than a wrangler...There are Subaru's that are considered small, but have more room than a 2 door Wrangler. So, I guess it's what you mean by small.

Laughing Otter

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

First Name
Ansa
Last Name
Langer
Member #

Small:

I sold that last summer. It was not much of an overland vehicle, though. :smirk:
Oh...I don't know...a roof rack, some rally lights, maybe on of those cargo baskets that fit into the trailer hitch. Remember...years ago, many Europeans put racks and lights on VW bugs and drove up mountains and across continents! Let's not forget the ultimate small overlander...the Russian made Lada Niva, built for farmers, 4 wheel drive, tough as a military tank...but basically a 4 wheel drive VW Rabbit! LOL! (see pic below). I would buy one of these beauties if I could...they look so fun!
Lada%20Niva%201er.jpg 7011005lada-niva-08.jpg a2131.jpg

Wawa Skittletits

Local Expert East Region USA
Staff member
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Wilkes-Barre, PA, USA
First Name
Drew
Last Name
Hawley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRBZ674
Service Branch
USN veteran
Great thread and well done Luis! I can relate to some of your reasoning and concerns. I know my Outback is larger but compared to most of the vehicles on here it's definitely an oddball haha.