Launch Member

Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
None
Member #

Before recently trading it in for our 4Runner, we explored the midwest in a Kia Sorento and it took us more places than most people expod rigs that just sit in their driveways do.
Well, this is just weird, Cody. I can't see the linked photos here, now, either! Using Safari on my iMac or iPad. Strange! ::scratches head::

Reactions: Luis Merlo

Laughing Otter

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

13973 State Hwy 112, Sekiu, WA, USA
First Name
Ansa
Last Name
Langer
Member #

@Luis Merlo From the photos you've posted, I think it is great where you've gone in your Kia! This forum is all about driving what you have and making the most of it, and the Kia is a perfect example.

I spent a lot of weeks in my younger days exploring gravel mountain roads in a 1969 FIAT 124 station wagon. Similar to the Kia, it didn't have much ground clearance, but the short wheelbase helps make up for that. Unlike you, I was sporting cheap nylon belted tires with not much tread, which made for fun winter driving!

Brings back a lot of memories Steve! I grew up in Germany as my dad was stationed there for 12 years. We traveled and went camping a lot. We drove a lot of back roads, logging roads, gravel roads and forest roads...camping out of our AMC Gremlin X "family car" (ours had the optional 304 V8) and...it was a 2 door!!! Great time, great fun! Thanks again for the memories @Steve and @Luis Merlo ! (The pic is of a Gremlin "like" ours)
1972_AMC_Gremlin_X_green_5-litre_V8_Nashville.jpg

Luis Merlo

OB1962

Influencer II

Collingwood Park, Queensland,4301
First Name
Luis
Last Name
Merlo
Member #

Brings back a lot of memories Steve! I grew up in Germany as my dad was stationed there for 12 years. We traveled and went camping a lot. We drove a lot of back roads, logging roads, gravel roads and forest roads...camping out of our AMC Gremlin X "family car" (ours had the optional 304 V8) and...it was a 2 door!!! Great time, great fun! Thanks again for the memories @Steve and @Luis Merlo ! (The pic is of a Gremlin "like" ours)
View attachment 4032
Awesome !