Launch Member

Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
None
Member #

A Quick Pitch en-Suite Camp Shower showed up at the door today. What a very nice chunk of hardware! Way too expensive for simply a place to hose off or poop privately, but I'me very glad to add it to the truck. I won't mount it until spring, so off to the garage it goes for now.

https://quickpitch.com.au/our-brands/quick-pitch/quick-en-suite/

Screen Shot 2019-01-08 at 6.30.31 PM.png

stickel

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Las Vegas, NV
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Stickel
Member #

Catching up on some additions to the 4Runner:

I added a Midland MXT115 GMRS radio. Actually, I bought it February 2017, but I didn't know anyone who uses GMRS. Some of the local 4Runner group finally got on board, so I brought mine out and added it to Kevin's RAM Mount solution.

View attachment 56954
How are you liking the MXT115? I've had a MXT400 open in my browser for a year while I try to figure out a few other things (comms are pretty close to next on the list, working with two handheld GMRS radios for now).

Steve

lost again...
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
None
Member #

How are you liking the MXT115?
It seems to work just fine. I added the 6dB gain antenna for better reception, which helped a lot. Not many folks around with their GMRS yet, so I haven't used it much other than listening. Lots of little kids on FRS is mostly what I hear...

My buddy had the 400, and just replaced it with the MXT275, with the controls on the microphone. He likes it much better for convenience and size. He'd rather have that form factor than the extra 25 watts. If I were doing it again, I'd go with the MXT275, too. I already have that style radio on my Midland 75-822 CB Radio.

Reactions: stickel

Ob1

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Palo Alto, CA, USA
First Name
Ofer
Last Name
Bruhis
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD6UKE
I shoulda been a model...

View attachment 57173
Hi Steve,

Fantastic build. Takes time and commitment (and $) to do. I know!

Did you consider weight distribution with the Road Shower on one side (and on the top)? Also, is there any indication of how much water is left in the tank. I'm having this problem with my system that I built, and trying to find a simple solution.

Cheers

Steve

lost again...
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
None
Member #

Did you consider weight distribution with the Road Shower on one side (and on the top)? Also, is there any indication of how much water is left in the tank. I'm having this problem with my system that I built, and trying to find a simple solution.
Way late to reply; No, I was not concerned about weight balance. Never noticed any problem, though. And no idea how much is left in the tank. Terrain makes a difference, considering nose down vs nose up.

Reactions: Ob1

Steve

lost again...
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
None
Member #

On March 4, 2016, I put down a deposit on a 2016 Toyota 4Runner Trail Premium with KDSS in Midnight Black Metallic. I ordered it via the local Costco participating dealer, Toyota of Bedford. My 4Runner was built on March 15, and I picked it up on May 5. Now the fun begins!
Sold today!!